Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for talented Senior MEP Building Services Design Engineers - Future Opportunity to join our award-winning team based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia . In the speciality areas of HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing and Fire Protection, thes e positions are responsible for applying sound engineering principles in the development of design solutions and the production of contract documentation on one or several projects depending on size, type and complexity.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Independently creating Concept and develop Preliminary / Schematic Designs.
- Carry out MEP Detailed Design (without supervision) of various types of buildings to BS EN (Electrical & Plumbing) and American (HVAC & Fire Protection) standards.
- Responsible for overall MEP design of a particular project.
- Oversee on a day-today basis the coordination of the design with other disciplines.
- Provide design review of all work performed by the project team members.
- Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of own work and the work of the design team. Oversee the checking of BIM work done under supervision of Engineers and BIM Technicians.
- Ensure arithmetic design checks of other engineers' designs are done at completion of design.
- Provide construction site supervision team backup on technical / design issues when required.
- Monitor document control procedures for calculations and drawings.
- Ensure that the works are completed within the established program guidelines.
- Assist the Principal / Lead Engineer and Technical Manager with other delegated duties such as writing technical memos, identifying training needs and organizing them as and when required
- Ability to view / review models in REVIT software including coordination with other disciplines.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 8 years' work experience partnered with a Bachelor in a MEP Engineering discipline.
- Detailed working knowledge in the use of BS EN (Electrical & Plumbing) and American (HVAC & Fire Protection) is preferred partnered with a demonstrated understanding of relevant MEP building services, their coordination and the ability to analyse design requirements according to project stage and complexity.
- A working knowledge of of REVIT MEP and Navisworks is required.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.