Job description / Role
• Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and standards, applicable laws and regulations; assist the Lead Engineer in establishing/updating section policies and procedures
• Remain abreast with scientific advancements in electrical materials, components and developments in codes of practice, (both local and international); ensure their application to electrical designs
• Support the Lead Engineer in providing inputs to the proposals department (e.g. man month requirements etc.) regarding the contribution of the MEP section to projects
• Assist the HOD in the evaluation of proposals submitted by sub-consultants during RFPs issued by Laceco in order to recommend sub-consultants to owners/clients
• Develop a thorough understanding of client design requirements prior to the commencement of any design project; coordinate with the Lead MEP Engineer and other architects & engineers for further clarifications on design requirements
• Design and layout plans for electrical utilities, telephone, security systems and other electrical systems; develop plans using CAD software.
• Prepare Data collection, Concept, Preliminary, detailed design, working drawings, Contract drawings and documents; coordinate with the Lead MEP Engineer accordingly
• Coordinate effectively with other architects and engineers throughout project lifecycles (planning, concept, preliminary, final etc.); review and understand their drawings and specifications to ensure that adequate provisions in electrical designs are made based on the designs provided by the other sections
• Evaluate and prepare electrical load calculation requirements based on the power consumption of all electro-mechanical systems (e.g. lighting, power, equipment and all other services & systems, security systems, elevators etc.) which will be installed
• Assist in conducing site surveys (as and when required) in order to investigate the layout of existing electrical systems prior to design; coordinate with local ministries as required
• Coordinate with team members effectively to ensure that all projects progress as planned in order not to cause project delays or budget over runs; ensure to update the Lead MEP Engineer with regards to progress in design
• Consult with the Lead MEP Engineer for technical guidance as and when required
• Meet manufactures/suppliers of electrical components and materials (as and when required) in order to develop understanding of material technical specifications
• Ensure that electronic components and materials specified for electrical designs are relevant and comply with statutory requirements; ensure that the specifications document is updated to reflect any changing statutory requirements
• Prepare the BoQ document for the electric design; assist the Quantity Survey department in compiling additional contract documents (e.g. specifications, cost estimates etc.)
• Maintain continuous quality control on all drawings produced under the section, ensuring that they adhere to Laceco quality and CAD standards (e.g. high standards of visual presentation, error free, properly dimensioned, x-referenced etc.)
• Assist on site electrical engineers by responding to technical queries which they raise; assist site staff in verifying sample materials submitted by contractors (as and when required) to ensure compliance against ministerial requirements and specifications
• Remain abreast on changes in local ministerial requirements regarding electric systems; ensure that any changes are updated in the specifications of electrical components/materials etc
• Prepare required calculations and documents for submission and approval from concerned ministries
• Obtain approval from authorities in respect of electrical ,fire alarm, telephone and fuel storage system etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• 10 to 12 years of experience in a similar role in independently leading design project delivery
• Certification/Membership of Society of Engineers
• Full proficiency in using Revit and/or BIM modeling software a plus
About the Company
Laceco is a multi-disciplinary team of architects, planners and engineers dedicated to solve the built environments toughest challenges. We specialize in planning cities and communities from the ground-up, designing landmark architectural projects and designing the infrastructure that connects them all. We’ve been doing so for over 30 years.
Today, Laceco has offices in Beirut, Dubai, Sharjah, Amman, Muscat, Cairo and Baghdad with a team of over 300 professionals and is supported by a wide network of specialized consultants. From the urban planning of entire city centers and districts, to the design of landmark architectural projects to large-scale environmental and infrastructure projects, Laceco is continuously growing in an ever-challenging social, cultural and economic context.