Job description / Role
Directs and participates in operating the plant. Includes, but not limited to, trouble shooting, changing control parameters to modify operating conditions, logging and plotting operating data, communicating operating parameters for a major part of the plant to outside suppliers such as Aramco, NIGG & Marafiq, coordinating start-up and shutdown activities and performing minor maintenance functions.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Assume the responsibility of panel adviser.
• Acts as Shift Supervisor or step up in the absent of him.
• Complies with Safety, health, environment and security policy through implementation of responsible care requirements & environmental regulations.
• Follows Safety policies, SOP's, EOP's (Standard Operating Procedures & Emergencies Operating Procedures) Remains in control room and not leave Panel without relief. Maintains Control room housekeeping all the time.
• Follows up with outside operators and update shift supervisor.
• Facilitate the link between the maintenance and plant activities
• Coordinates work permits with outside operators and follow up with them to make sure job executed correctly and the ar a is clean and job completed before permit closed.
• Ensures that the daily routine is done and completed before handing over to the next shift supervisor and checklist been signed Reports any abnormality to the Shift Supervisor immediately.
• Assists Supervisor by keeping him updated of all on going jobs/permits in the areas.
• Coordinates with engineer for any kind of Technical help.
• Complies with Department OQAT (Operation Quality Action Team) requirement. Ensures full participation in "Eureka" and encourages the operators to participate. Complies with CAMEL (continuous Awareness Must Eliminate Losses) process requirement.
• Ensure meet the personal requirement target. Guides colleagues to improve the quality of CAMEL Observation being reported.
• Coordinates transferring to other operating units and port. Make sure analysis of product spec before start the transfer to these plants.
• Fills in clearly and neatly the panel operator's logbook. Ensures that all Unit Reading sheets and forms are with right revision numbers and confirm operator's sign on reading sheet.
• Reads and complies with the Instruction book from unit staff.
• Checks QC Lab (Quality Control lab) daily analysis report. Does the necessary action and coordination with Shift Engineer & Shift Supervisor if needed.
• Ensures following all procedures and signing them during plant start-up and shut down Checks and reads daily maintenance schedule.
• Prepare the necessary equipment for maintenance.
• Inform Shift Supervisor if any scheduled maintenance is not being attended by maintenance. Writes abnormal incident reports & investigates the incident if assign him.
• Maintains a good communication between panel operators and outside operators. Trains panel & outside operators, specific trouble shooting and actions.
• Knows Plant Targets. guidelines, plant Limitations and designs.
Qualification & Experience
• Academic - minimum is completion of Secondary Science (12 years) education or equivalent.
• Related Work Experience (type and years) - Minimum 5 years' experience in all aspects of plant operations.
• Additional I Specialized Training - Supervision and leadership training
• Language skills - Must have good oral and written communication skills in the English language.
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.