Job description / Role
Senior Patent 7 yrs + PQE
Our client, a leading law firm is seeking a 7 year + PQE Patents lawyer to join their Intellectual Property team.
• Preparation of patent applications for filing in the Middle East, US, EP as well as under the PCT;
• Prosecution of patent applications regionally and internationally, including preparation of responses to office actions;
• Assist in patent litigation cases, including patent infringement, invalidation and oppositions;
• Managing patent portfolios;
• Preparing patentability, FTO and validity opinions;
• Assist the Partner & Head of Patents in managing the patents team and clients;
• Drive business development activities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
If this looks like the job for you, please apply with your updated CV outlining your relevant experience, notice period and current salary.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Background in life sciences, preferably chemical engineering +7 years of experience in patent procurement and prosecution;
• Excellent written and communication skills;
• Fluent in English;
• Experience in client management;
• Experience in team management;
• Business development acumen.
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.