This position is closed or expired.
See other Healthcare jobs
1. Practice within the expressed limits of established policies and procedures
2. Use knowledge to promote the safe, appropriate and cost-effective use of medicines
3. Work collaboratively with other health care professionals to devise the most appropriate drug treatment for patients.
4. Ensure that SOP (standard operation procedures) and Quality Assurance tests are maintained within all sections especially Aseptic Production Unit.
5. Supervise team members in their execution of duties Maintaining high professional standards.
6. Liaise with other senior pharmacists in day to day issues.
7. Lead the regular team/ section meetings.
8. Responsible for motivating, advising, and managing the work of the team members.
9. Ensure medicinal products are stored appropriately and securely to ensure freshnessand potency.
10. Ensure medication reaches the patient in the correct form and dose - this may include tablets, capsules, ointments, injections, inhalers or creams.
11. Counsel patients on the effects, dosage regimen and route of administration of their drug treatments, particularly those who are on complex drug therapy.
12. Liaise with physicians, nurses and other fellow health care professionals to ensure the delivery of safe, effective and economic drug treatment.
13. For unavailable drugs, inform physicians and suggest alternatives 14. Respond to medication-related queries from within the hospital, other hospitals and the general public.
14. For those working in Aseptic Production Unit: prepare and quality-check of sterile medications under special conditions (eg, Total Parenteral Nutrition, cytotoxic medications, eye drops, etc).
15. For clinical pharmacists: participating in ward rounds, to take patient drug histories and contribute to the treatment decision-making process - this includes highlighting a drug\'s potential side effects, harmful interactions with other drugs and the suitability of treatments for patients with particular health conditions.
16. Participate in writing guidelines for drug use within the hospital and in preparing pharmacy bulletin.
17. Monitor drug consumptions and report to chief pharmacist as required.
18. Review and monitor stocked drug lists in units and wards in coordination with in-charge doctors and nurses.
19. Follow Hospital and Pharmacy policies and procedures.
20. Participate in On-call roster as required.
21. Comply and ensure that those directly supervised comply with occupational health and safety at work policies and procedures.
22. Maintain patient confidentiality.
23. Promote and maintain quality in all services and ensure continuous quality improvement measures are in place.
University qualifications : Degree in Pharmacy or Masters in a specialized pharmacy area
Previous experience : At least 3 years as Senior Pharmacist
Ideal Age Range : 35-50
Nationality Preference: Jordanian
Language Skills : Arabic , English
About the Company
Sanaya Human Capital began in 2006, focusing on people and their knowledge. Specializing in corporate training, Staffing Solutions and business consultancy; Sanaya Human Capital serves the private and public sectors in the Middle East and North Africa.
Driven by some of the most qualified consultants and recruiters, highly specialized in their own market sectors, Sanaya Human Capital is dedicated to meeting and exceeding its clients’ demands and needs.
Based in Amman – Jordan, Sanaya Human Capital has a network stretched across the region. It has also built strategic partnerships with comparable recruitment and training corporations around the world.