Job description / Role
Air Products is looking for a Senior Process Engineer to work in the Engineering Organization located in their office in Dhahran Techno Valley, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The work to perform is anticipated to be executed from the DTV office in Dhahran. However, the candidate can also be assigned to jobsites like JIGCC in Jazan, supporting maintenance and operation projects of that facility.
The successful candidate will be required to have a good approach to health, safety and environment and can work across multi discipline teams as well as different cultures around the world. We are looking for a candidate with good communication skills in both verbal and written English and all-round flexibility to commit time and effort to achieve project requirements.
The ability to travel on a planned basis and interfacing with other engineering offices in the UK, US, India and China is a requirement.
The successful candidate will work independently and serving in a lead position on projects, in which he/she reports to the Project Manager and in the matrix organization to his line manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads the design of process units, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design, simulation work, PFD development, equipment sizing and material specifications.
• Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents.
• Prepare, calculates and organizes process data for instrumentation and control considerations, (like control valves and relief valves etc.).
• Prepare and develop the heat and material balance sheets and process specifications.
• Lead the process engineering input during the project HAZOP reviews.
• Liaise with other engineering disciplines to agree operational and interface details. Take the initiative in resolving interface problems.
• Provide process support at site during commissioning /start-up and for plant performance tests.
• Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing is conform to functional specifications, recognized codes, standards, and customer requirements
• Participates in planning, cost development, management and scheduling activities for assigned projects
• Control the man hours incurred on projects, anticipate manpower requirements and highlight scope and design variations in accordance with Air Products procedures
• Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
• Identify areas where work processes could be developed or improved and assist in implementing changes.
• Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• The Process Engineer shall hold a B. Sc. Engineering Degree and minimum of 10 years’ experience.
• Experience in the following Technologies is recommended
• Cryogenic Air separation and liquefaction
• Cryogenic hydrocarbon and natural gas separation and liquefaction
• Helium recovery, purification/liquefaction
• Adsorption separation/purification systems
• Steam-methane reforming
• High-temperature catalysis
• Absorption systems
• Partial oxidation/gasification
• CO2 purification/liquefaction
• Should have a thorough understanding of physical properties and how they are used in process modelling.
• Should have a solid knowledge of thermodynamics and some of the typical process cycles employed.
• Should have a good understanding of the principles of fluid flow and how to apply these to the design of complex piping systems
• Must have an understanding all aspects of process design in the Engineering Team and relevant process design methods for equipment and schedule items.
• This includes vessels, exchangers, rotating equipment and their piping requirements.
• Should have a good knowledge of control valve sizing and developing relief case scenarios and relief valve sizing
• Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods. design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications.
• Practical experience in the use of industry wide design software (simulation) packages.
• Must be able to undertake basic supervision of less experienced engineering personnel
• Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work – identify problem areas in the work practices and suggest improvements based on feedback and own previous experience.
• Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty
• Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
• Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
• Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success
• Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work (Includes Time Management)
• Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AIR PRODUCTS VALUES
All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Chemical Lead Engineer
Sketchley Engineering Consultants
Process Engineer (Water Treatment)
Anglo Technical Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||27 May|
Senior Process Control Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||28 Jun|