Senior Procurement Manager
Opus Recruit Middle East
Job description / Role
Senior Procurement Manager - Compass Project Consulting
Opus Associates are recruiting on behalf of Compass Project Consulting. Compass is a young, energetic versatile organisation that seeks highly driven, capable and independent personnel that have the ability to deliver intelligent, accelerated and professional project solutions to clients of all sizes and backgrounds from inception right though to operational hand-over. They are a true example of what hard work & commitment means. They have the Gulfs most highly respected and credible senior management.
We are currently looking for a Senior/Procurement Manager to support growth in our Program and Project Management teams. This is an opportunity to take an influential role in a multi-billion riyals multi-use development giga program in central and remote locations across Saudi Arabia.
Remote Client sites, KSA - NEOM
Compass is an award-winning, energetic versatile organisation that seeks highly driven, capable and independent personnel that can deliver intelligent, accelerated and professional project solutions to clients of all sizes & backgrounds from concept right through to operational hand-over.
The Senior/Procurement Manager will head up the procurement element of the project and will be responsible for the day-to-day onsite procurement activities (must have knowledge of OPEX Procurement), liaising with the Client and their appointed consultants and representatives.
Responsible for ensuring that all members of the procurement team carry out their work as required by the Client. When required, the Procurement Manager may provide input for strategic procurement decisions, this however will be done in collaboration with the wider Program or Project Management teams.
This role will involve direct management of the procurement team acting as part of the Program or Project Management structure. This role will be varied in its scope depending on the project requirements however, the focus will be on the successful delivery of the day-to-day procurement activities.
The Senior Procurement Manager will also be providing input into the creation of standardised procurement processes and procedures for the project for approval by the Client. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all procurement activities comply with these approved processes and procedures.
Role & Responsibility
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with clients, consultants and contractors to ensure that procurement requirements are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop brief and procurement strategy, leading to the development of new and well-established supply chain solutions.
- Coordinate and manage multiple stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to build strong, long-term relationships and integrated teams.
- Manage the entire procurement process for specialist consultants, contractors and suppliers including longlists, shortlists, pre-qualification, tenders, mid-tender meetings, award writing recommendations reports, contract awarding.
- Compile RFPs and Bid Documents and manage outputs from others as required, such as design information, scope of works and contract forms.
- Liaising with others on contract forms and insurance requirements.
- Research the supply chain (domestic and international) to understand options, constraints, lead time, current workloads and industry experience.
- Securing and purchasing all major packages for contractors and consultants.
- Well Spoken
- Well Written
- Experience working in a client-focused environment - working closely with clients, colleagues and other consultants to build and maintain relationships.
- Clear understanding of SLAs and the scoping or the approach to OPEX Procurement
- Experience in leading strategy development, procurement and project delivery.
- Operating within large capital programs and complex projects.
- 10 years of experience in Procurement profession.
- 5 years of experience in the Middle East.
- Ability to implement commercial policy, procurement and advice to customer teams.
- Responsibility of managing clients and stakeholders while striving to exceed their expectations.
- Manage personal workload and a large part of projects in collaboration with the project lead.
- Excellent document drafting and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- Knowledge of FIDIC contracts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- A property or construction related degree will be highly regarded.
- CIPS and/or RICS Accreditation will be highly regarded.
SALARY PACKAGE TBD WITH DIRECTOR
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Procurement Manager - Associate Director
Compass Project Consulting
Senior Procurement Manager
Compass Project Consulting