Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Project Architect to join our award-winning team based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This position is for an experienced, registered design professional whom possesses an experienced background in translating concepts into solutions, in directing a project design team and in material and methods of construction. The position is also involved in the project budget process by providing input and monitoring projects expenditures/ man-hours in relation to the allocated budget expenses/ man-hours as appropriate.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Assessing the requirements of a project, breaking a project down into tasks, and working with the Design Division and Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Writing the scope of work for architectural designs based on preliminary reviews and meeting with project management and the client.
- Maintaining knowledge of applicable local and international building codes.
- Reviewing work of project design team. Checking progress of works and alerting the Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Coordinating all aspects of project document completion within the firm and externally with clients in the presence of the Project Manager and other design professionals.
- Promoting the use of and participating in the development of company design and production standards.
- Assisting in the education and development of design and project staff and acts as resource for design questions.
- Holding regular project progress review meetings with all concerned engineers and disciplines.
- Ensuring QA/QC procedures are being implemented and any QA/QC comments/issues are being addressed.
- Submitting and following up on all required design submittals to the various governmental agencies to obtain the necessary approvals and /or permits.
- Attend meetings and providing follow-up on outstanding Client actions as requested by PM.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 10 years' work experience partnered with a Bachelor of Architecture.
- Fulfilling a similar team leadership role for the last 5 years will be highly regarded and BIM competency partnered with an excellent understanding of all technical aspects, code requirements, high familiarity with specifications, NBS/CSI format and international standards is required.
- This role will be Client facing so similar demonstrated experience will be highly regarded.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.