Job description / Role
Senior Project Manager - Design (KSA)
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
The Senior Project Manager role is accountable for the project management, operational performance, technical and people leadership of large scale multi-disciplinary project or smaller simultaneous projects across WSP Middle East (ME). The role holder must take a 'hands on' approach to all aspects of the role.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Lead and project manage successful delivery of large scale or smaller simultaneous multi-disciplinary projects in line with the Project Lifecycle. Typically a major project with a fee value of AED 10 - 15 Million or equivalent number projects with same order of fee magnitude.
* Support the formation of the contractual relationship between the business and the client; taking the process from proposal to contract, utilising the advice of the support functions
* Ensure proactive project planning, stakeholder and risk management takes place across projects
* Supervise the team to identify, assess and manage major project risk and secure the best commercial return from the projects in their portfolio
* Manage, monitor a schedule of forecast resources required to deliver the project.
* To ensure statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
* Responsible for the delivery of project P&L budgets, forecasts and working capital targets for own projects and projects led by direct reports
* Responsible for the accurate and timely recognition of revenue for projects.
* Support the overseeing and delivery of the process of working capital management from inception to completion within set deadlines; This includes the timing of invoicing, the review of Work in Progress (WIP) and the collection of outstanding invoices from clients whilst utilising the advice of the support functions as necessary.
* Contribute to the completion of monthly management project reports to be issued by set deadline.
* Ensure sustainability and Health and Safety are a focus on the project.
* Responsible for the leadership and support of their team.
* Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies
* Ensure the right resources are utilised effectively at the right time across their team and projects. Including engaging with the Complimentary Resource Centres (CRCs) to ensure that communication and design processes are continually improved.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the business unit (BU) strategy.
* Attend and lead team and project meetings, cascade relevant information and encourage feedback from team.
* Lead by example and ensure QMS and Project Lifecycle compliance across projects.
* Provide guidance and support the companies approach to Sustainability and ensure that the Sustainability strategy is implemented across projects.
* Contribute to business development activities through participation in external market profile raising activities and functions
* Actively develop external and internal client relationships.
* Act as Prospect Manager on selected projects.
* Provide technical leadership to respond to prequalification documents, Request for Price (RFPs) and other client inquiries
* Contribute to the financial build-up of resources and lump sum pricing items for prospects where required.
* Keep up to date with industry developments with respect to own discipline and understand and appreciate the basic technical principles and drivers of other disciplines
* Develop the project management capabilities of the project team.
* Facilitate technical solutions on projects.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* BEng /BSc (Hon) degree or equivalent discipline with minimum 10 years post graduate experience
* Member of associated Professional body
* C.Eng preferred although not essential
* Experience and proven ability to lead and manage an engineering team and multi-disciplinary projects
* Experiences user of Microsoft Office
* Comprehensive experience of technical design and associated discipline software
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can! WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.