Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for a Senior Project Manager (Master Plan/ Infrastructure) for a large Masterplan development in KSA who will be ultimately responsible and accountable for the successful execution and delivery of multiple, multidisciplinary buildings projects.
The role of the Sr Project Manager II is to lead multidiscipline teams of architects and engineers, along with specialists and subconsultants, to fulfil the relevant contract requirements, while executing/maintaining all Atkins processes/procedures, and delivering the required financial margins. Drawing on your extensive large capital projects experience, you will be responsible for providing leadership to diverse teams in multiple locations, coordinating across multiple internal and external stakeholders, including the client, in various locations.
This position requires professional ability and inherent motivation. You have the skills required to direct meetings, introduce discussion to encourage thinking on the wider commercial context and be responsible for the tasks assigned to members of your project team in the delivery of significant contracts. You are willing and able to perform duties diligently to the quality standards set by the Company, conform to the Company's policies and business systems, and be always committed to their implementation and continuous improvement.
- Perform design reviews throughout the design process from conceptual design through schematic and detailed/contract documents.
- Conduct ongoing constructability reviews to successfully meeting the schedules and program budgets.
- Monitor submittals by the design consultants to obtain approvals and permits necessary by all regulatory agencies and local authorities having jurisdiction.
- Define the project management strategy and lead the design and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards, and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of multiple projects.
- Ensure the execution of project management governance, reporting and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organisational programme activity.
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across multiple projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated, and ultimately met.
- Managing relevant multi-functional design and commercial teams responsible for delivering varied projects in accordance with the client's requirements.
- Ensuring that the requirements of all stakeholders in the project are fully delivered - time, cost and quality.
- Define and execute initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of projects.
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assess cross-functional project team capability, provide coaching, training and support to enhance the project/program management capability.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance with Atkins standards and Business Management System.
- Develop organisational breakdown structures and human resourcing requirements.
- Manage the fee commission on behalf of the business including fulfilling technical and scope obligations of the consultancy contract and maintenance of required profit margin.
- Effective management of internal job costing in relation to the fee and of resource requirements.
- Service delivery to clients and act as primary interface, ensuring Atkins secure the client's confidence.
- Identifying new and innovative project management approaches and tools and embed these in the behavior and day to day activities of the organization's operations
- Provide direct leadership and inspiration to your project team
- Bid preparation in alignment with Atkins current standards of deployment and delivery
- Strategic support in the development and growth of the Design Management service line
- Alignment with the Atkins Career Journey - Project Management guidance document and the latest updates in Atkins PM standards
- Mentoring and development of PM team and new graduates
Skills and Attributes
- Proven ability to demonstrate the effective delivery of project management duties from initial brief through delivery to final completion.
- Productive supervision of subordinates including adequate planning, monitoring and control
- Ability to manage multiple teams on major/complex programmes/projects.
- Effective team control and building of team spirit/culture.
- Management of resources through collaboration with business leaders.
- Retaining existing clients for further work and securing new clients.
- Ability to represent Atkins at any required client meetings or engagements
- Demonstrate an understanding of overall project management requirements and the ability to advise client's knowledgably on overall project management issues
- Demonstrate effective leadership and high commitment to achieve goals.
- Be collaborative and able to work across regional and business boundaries
- Excellent communications skills; including report writing and presentation skills
- Technical leadership of the Project
- Revenue and margin targets for the Project
- Ability to win work with key clients
- Project profitability and success
- Staff development and performance
- Value creation through technical excellence strategy
- Collaborative behaviours supporting and championing DP&E business objectives
- Degree in Architecture / Engineering - advanced degree preferred [Masters]
- Has achieved professional certifications / accreditations - APM, PMP/PMI, LEED etc.
- 15+ years' experience in Project Management as a minimum, preferably 20+
- A highly experienced Project management professional with a demonstrable track record in the delivery of large capital, international projects within scope, time and budget
- Ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders and influence for results
- Active leadership style and proven success
- Significant Middle East experience required
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance program
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Get job alerts
× Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Catch up on sustainability
What does sustainability mean to SNC-Lavalin and what does it look like within engineering and construction?
Read our articles for the latest insight
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).