Job description / Role
Ready to put your Projects Management experience in MEP to work on high-profile projects in Riyadh? Do you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of project management tasks on high end, large scale, complex projects? RLB is now hiring a Senior MEP Project Manager for our rapidly expanding portfolio of projects within the mixed-use developments sector.
• Oversee and monitor the MEP & ICT works of the contractors and sub-contractors to ensure successful completion of delivery as per contracts’ requirements, specifications and timelines.
• Monitor day-to-day on-site operations and advise on technical, logistical and administrative issues in order to ensure seamless infrastructure assets delivery.
• Lead periodic meetings with the client, engineering and supervision consultancies, contractors and sub-contractors, in order to track the progress and sort out the obstacles that may come up.
• Coordinating with the planning team in order to ensure achievement of the time-goals and successful completion of delivery as per contracts’ requirements, specifications and timelines, and in synergy with all assets of the portfolio.
• Manage QA/QC plan and its implementation in the project.
• Manage Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) plan in coordination with Main Contractor & Supervision Consultancy to ensure workers & engineers safety and compliance with HSE construction requirements.
• Develop weekly and monthly progress reports including but not limited to progress made in each key area, analysis of progress against the overall program, explanation of delay causes, analysis of KPIs and assessment of quality issues in order to provide the program direction with a clear view of progress.
• Provide the Project Controls teams with detailed risk registers, cost reports, schedule reports and general documentation to ensure accurate project control.
• Identify & highlight to the management potential blockers & threats to the project completion dates. Proposes to the Project Director, remedial measures.
• Manage and coordinate with MEP engineering & supervision consultants the smooth progress of their scope.
• Advise on site logistics.
• Advise on MEP design issues that may arise.
• Monitor the progress of the Testing & Commissioning.
• Advise on MEP/ICT design, FLS implementation and other MEP/ICT related design issues.
• Indicate potential value engineering, lead workshops, review findings and provide comments and recommendations.
• Review findings of buildability reviews and provide comments and recommendations.
• Ensure coordination of MEP design and engineering works such as HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Small Power, Fire Alarm, Reflected Ceiling Plans, and others.
• Advise the cost team on tenders, cost estimates and reviewing contractors’ payments.
• Prepare Contractors and Consultants’ scope of works relating to MEP systems.
• Monitor the procurement and deliveries of long lead items and support the Contractor in planning, logistics and installation stages.
• BSc/MSc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required (Electrical preferred)
• Professional memberships and charterships would be considered a plus (CEng, MRICS or MCIOB)
• Certification in Project/Construction Management is preferable but not essential
• Minimum overall relevant experience: 15 years
• Minimum Regional Experience: 5 years
Skills / Experience:
• Must have construction/site-based experience in high-end, mixed-used projects, developments within hospitality and residential sectors.
• 10 years’ experience in MEP and ICT in built-environment sector (HVAC – Domestic Water – Drainage – Swimming Pools – Water Features – Fire Fighting – Fire Detection – Fire Alarm – BMS – Lighting – Power – ICT systems).
• Experience in reviewing MEP systems design & construction documents review (IFC/Shop-Drawings, Technical Submissions).
• Able to perform design gap analysis, identify issues and potential risks and produce value engineering options in coordination with the designers/consultants.
• Extensive experience in managing the Testing & Commissioning process of MEP systems.
• Experience in planning projects with deep knowledge of the physical sequence of the works.
• Have worked with some well-known PM companies and / or EPCM Contractors.
• Strong personality, high level of energy, willing to go above and beyond the typical role.
• Good communication written and verbal skills.
• Ability to develop relationship with Client, Contractors, Consultants and demonstrating discretion and confidentiality.
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.