Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
• Coordinates with all stakeholders, the Client and Departments during the project initiation stage to supervise and manage JCBDI projects. Oversees all pre-award phases from initiation to Notice of Award of Client design, studies, and construction of JCBDI projects to ensure the award of projects on schedule as per the Client's standards and regulations.
• Supervises the work of stakeholders and contractors assigned to the design, procurement and construction of engineered projects. Develops methods for guidance, control and corrective action to ensure a safe, operable and economic design within the framework of the JCBDI project budget, material requirements, specifications and schedule. Ensures coordination and proper interfacing of assigned projects with related projects directed by the Client's Management.
• Coordinates with Managers, Urban Planning, Engineering, Construction, Operations & Maintenance, IT, Finance & Budgeting and Supply Management for communications of information and resolution of technical problems.
• Coordinates with all stakeholders during the project initiation stage for preparation of preliminary scope of work, cost estimates, schedule and getting the JCBDI projects approval from the Client’s management. Implementation planning and forecasting of annual construction work plans, budgets expenditures and schedules
• Supervise and coordinate the preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP). Coordinates definition of the detailed scope of work determines major milestones and recommends appropriate pricing policy for projects. Coordinates RFP preparation with the RC Departments and Divisions associated with the JCBDI projects, reviewing inputs and making necessary amendments.
• Perform technical evaluation of potential companies for Consultancy, Architectural / Engineering (A/E) and Construction contracts and recommends short-lists of qualified companies. Obtains Royal Commission approval for completed RFPs and bidder shortlists.
• Join the pre-bid meeting and introduce the project’s scope of work to the bidders.
• Coordinates with concerned department in obtaining clarifications on bidders’ queries and issuance of addendums.
• Ensure the JCBDI construction supervision is on the scheduled date in coordination with the Client’s procedure & concerned departments.
• Participates with the help of the Supply Management in the evaluation of bids received, and in recommending the selection of Contractor.
• Coordinates with concerned departments and dedicated personnel in providing technical information regarding progress, schedule and cost performance. Reports on major problem situations which could result in cost overruns or delays in schedules.
• Advises concerned departments of any changes (design or construction) requested by the Client and coordinate in the implementation of those changes.
• Project and Program Reporting, including the monthly progress report
• Performs similar pre-award activities for the construction portion of the JCBDI projects as were done for the design portion.
• Ensuring all pre-award activities to be completed and all JCBDI projects are awarded on the Client’s scheduled date.
• The right candidate should hold Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, preferably Master’s Degree in Engineering or PhD in Construction Management or related area from an accredited College or University. Membership of Saudi Council of Engineers preferable PE Licensed Engineer.
• 12 years’ experience in the engineering/construction industry our of which five years must have been spent in supervisory assignment including construction management, budgeting, planning, procurement, contracting to schedule for infrastructure projects.
• Experienced with the management of various project executions and contracting formats including change management.
• Professional experience in Construction Process Management for multiple simultaneous projects
• Large-scale infrastructure construction experience including major Civil works (site development, roads, and u/g works)
• Large-scale residential/commercial construction development.
• Interpersonal skills, strong English Language and computer skills and a very professional overall demeanor and approach.
• Excellent ability to foster relationships between the CM team, Owner, Contractor, stakeholders, etc.
• Experience with government or municipality projects, coordinating & dealing with public agencies, etc.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.