Job description / Role
Senior Quantity Surveyors
Rider Levett Bucknall has had a local presence in the Middle East for over 30 years. Commencing practice in Saudi Arabia in 1982. Since 2007, we have grown rapidly and now have offices throughout the MENA Region.
Our Quantity Surveying Team at RLB proactively manage the cost of a construction project, from inception through to the project completion and on commission, through maintenance and operation once the building is up and running. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with a large majority.
We are a sector-focused business, actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, and Retail clients. Our people work in close contact with the client, adding value throughout the project lifespan.
We are currently recruiting a number of Senior Quantity Surveyors to join our client-focused team within the Riyadh office and beyond into client businesses and delivery teams.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all core Quantity Surveying services on a range of interesting projects, for a number of clients across a variety of sectors.
• The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of the project
• To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
• To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
• Comply with established commercial/ procurement/ contractual strategies
• Individually or as part of a team operating processes for the selection, appointment, and management of construction and engineering contractors
Cost Planning including:
• Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
• Preparation of elemental cost plans
• Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
• Value engineering studies
• Providing advice on procurement strategy
• Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
• Preparing and issuing tender documents
• Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
• Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
• Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
• Preparation of contract documents
• Compliant tenders
Post Contract Quantity Surveying including:
• Scrutinizing and verifying applications for interim payments
• Managing the change control process
• Producing cost reports and cost forecasting
• Assisting Project Managers in preparing early warnings, instructions and compensation Events
• Attending progress meetings
• Conclude Final Accounts
• Promote commercial awareness throughout project
• Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
• Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results including:
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
• Strong technical delivery experience
• MRICS membership would be ideal but not essential
• Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
• Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience (Pre-contract)
• Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
• Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
• Able to build long-term relationships
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritizing workloads and delivering deadlines
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
Rider Levett Bucknall
Quantity Surveyor MRICS
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
A Leading Property Developer
Rider Levett Bucknall
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Roads & Infrastructure
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)