Job description / Role
The IBM security consulting team provides customized solutions for our clients, not point solutions or basic product installation. The Senior Security Project Manager will work with our clients to understand their specific business issues, both internally and externally and enable the delivery team to solve specific business issues for our clients. They will be able to look at our client's issues and work with IBM consultants to provide guidance on a systematic approach to solve these within our client's budget, scope timeframe.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Security Project Manager will provide the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing security projects.
Description of Skills
Security Domain Skills
This position requires knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures. This position requires project management skills and the ability to act as a trusted client facilitator and a lead member of the team. This person should be someone that senior members of the team can rely on to manage the project and enable them to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline. The Senior Project Manager will need to have skills to be able to work with other IBM teams and:
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- A proven record of security thought leadership and be recognized for business and technical acumen for Project Management.
- High-level Knowledge in one or more of the core security areas in Cybersecurity.
- Understanding of project management tools, methodologies, and best practices.
Core consulting skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator.
- Strong written skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years relevant project management experience in Cybersecurity related projects.
- Security Project Management experience across multiple client verticals, including Financial Services, Public Sector, Technology, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Industrial & Mining etc.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement, track project schedule and track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Responsibility of managing project throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Working closely with all relevant departments to ensure the success of the project.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships among business partners.
- Experience with managing Cybersecurity related projects.
- Proactively identify project risks and escalate to project stakeholders
- Actively establish & strengthen relationships with external and internal customers
- Work in a team and guide less experienced members in the team
- Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service
- Readiness to travel
- English: Fluent
- Arabic: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- + 5 years in project management and related experience
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in technology or Cybersecurity
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Certified in Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Understanding of Information Technology, business or a related field.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.