Job description / Role
Chalhoub is seeking a senior tax planning and compliance officer to be based in Jeddah and assist the department manager with all the Income Tax and VAT planning and compliance functions for the Group in Saudi Arabia.
The role will be to:
- Assist, advise and support with the implementation of VAT in KSA
- Prepare, review and submit income tax, withholding tax and VAT returns on timely basis
- Ensure strict compliance with the law
- Coordinating and making sure tax authority queries are complied with, as well as assist with audits
- Work effectively with external advisors
- Trainings to be organised
- Map VAT and income tax related processes and identify areas of improvements
- Assist the department manager with acting as the day-to-day contact between different areas with respect to VAT advisory matters and compliance (e.g. Accounting, Legal, IT, Commercial teams, etc.)
- Participate in cross-functional projects
To be successful, the ideal candidate should possess:
- In-depth tax income tax as well as VAT technical knowledge together with the knowledge of practical issues on the practices adopted by tax authorities in the GCC
- Prior experience of responding to tax queries and preparing appeal hearing documents
- Ability to identify and manage tax risks
- Effective communication skills, in both written and verbal form, complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals
- Strong computer and Excel skills
- Relevant work experience
- Professional accounting qualification or similar preferred
- Arabic essential
- A female candidate is preferred
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.