Job description / Role
The senior urban planner will provide technical and professional support in the execution of urban and regional planning and master planning projects in UAE, KSA and the wider region. The senior urban planner will be a key member of the planning and urban design team and play a primary role in the wining and delivery of projects, leading multi-disciplinary teams whilst working closely with clients and stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
To be a key member of the planning and urban design team in the KSA and provide urban planning and master planning design services to external and internal clients as part of the Atkins' Middle East. To be involved in strategic planning studies, urban master planning and urban design and public realm projects in the Middle East and Africa
N.B: We are currently pending award on several significant projects. Should we be awarded, this position is key role. Consequently, we are keen to speak to individuals in the market place with the experience listed below for such potential future programmes of work
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in urban planning.
- Previous GCC or wider Middle East experience and an understanding of the cultural norms and requirements of the region
- Minimum 7 - 8 years' experience in urban planning, master planning and urban design projects
- Very strong English language report writing skills
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams in the delivery of planning and urban design projects
- Preferable to have knowledge of other necessary software programmes including GIS, CAD, Photoshop, 3D Max, Adobe design suite.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and have a customer focus.
- Preferably will have previous consultancy experience and be looking to broaden their planning and urban design skillset within a Middle East context.
- Ability to solve problems by thinking laterally and be able to understand the needs and requirements of clients to provide planning and design solutions in a rapidly developing country.
- Must be able to work in a large, multidisciplinary, multicultural team and manage challenging multicultural client relationships across a range of geographies.
- Must also be a self-starter who can work without direct supervision from senior management and/or peers.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to working in a demanding Middle East environment including the need to travel when required.
- Project management of medium to large scale projects involving multi-disciplinary teams.
- Will be required to travel within the Middle East region to projects in a variety of geographical locations, including Saudi Arabia.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, attending meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Other duties associated with the main role and responsibilities will be requested from time to time.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 22 working days annual leave (based on 5 days working a week)
- Flight allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).