Job description / Role
Undertake, carry out all workshop activities to ensure flawless execution and on-time delivery of tools as well adhering to the BHGE HSE best practices. This includes ensuring that all equipment is fully maintained / prepared to the recognized standard. This senior technician position is a hands-on role to coordinate and support all operations of Saudi based workshop technicians
- In-depth knowledge of preparation and maintenance of tools for infield deployment
- Experience in front-line troubleshooting of electro-mechanical inspection equipment
- Identifying quality or productivity issues and potential solutions
- Participate in in-field activities as required
- Supervise a team of skilled individuals in order to meet clients expectations
- Report to various levels of management on progress
- Comply with HSE policies and procedures and adopt best practice
- Assist in HSE awareness and improvements
- Successfully prepare pipeline inspection equipment to deadlines using the production schedule for time deadlines
- Supervise multiple tool preparations and ensure client deadlines are met
- Support and drive quality improvement initiatives
- Support productivity improvement initiatives
- Be task orientated, working to strict deadlines and budgetary considerations
- When required instruct and guide less experienced members of the team
- Produce and review field reports for the client representative upon completion of the inline inspection
- Supervise less experienced team members
- Ensure all workshop documentation is kept up to date and available for analysis
- Ensure continuity of operations as acting Workshop supervisor upon request for periods covering annual leave or other absences
- Closely monitor and support all phases of day-to-day workshop execution of Saudi-based field crew.
- Liaise closely with Scheduling, Project Management, Logistics and Shop Ops teams to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of field resources.
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent electronic or mechanical engineering qualifications
- Proven aptitude to be trained in electronic and mechanical disciplines
- Demonstrable understanding of electronic and/or mechanical engineering drawings
- Ability in the assembly, maintenance and preparation of mechanical and electronic equipment
- Ability to deliver engineering solutions
- Technical knowledge of ILI equipment preferred
- Customer focused and ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Awareness of the financial implications of decisions made in-field and general financial compliance
- Awareness of opportunities to maximise additional income by promoting ILI in-field excellence
- Significant travel with no restrictions (domestic/international/offshore)
- Embraces and initiates change improvements
- Self motivated, flexible and willing team member
- Good IT skills
- Minimum of 5 years of in-field engineering experience in the oil and gas sector, preferably in the pipeline industry.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.