Job description / Role
Service Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) - Jeddah
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Reporting into the Service Manager, the Service Engineer will be part of the wider Engineering Service team that is responsible for attending breakdowns (JLG & Genie Machines) and carrying out fault-finding, diagnostics, servicing and repairs to a variety of electric powered access machines. Planned preventative Maintenance (PPMs) will also be a part of the daily duties.
As well as being stationed at your assigned depot workshop, the Service Engineer may be required to work outside of normal office hours or travel outside of assigned depot city for the occasional project at our other depot locations in the GCC.
- Carry out routine and preventative planned maintenance (PPM) at the depot or at the customer sites
- Ensure that there are no deficiencies or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine
- Maintain the appearance of the fleet to Company standard
- Ensure pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of each machine is carried out at depot or at customer sites as per company and manufacturers specifications
- Liaise with Hire Desk team to ensure that all required machines are checked prior to despatch in accordance with Company policy and procedures
- Produce monthly plant inspection reports to ensure that all machines are inspected in accordance with company policy
- Diagnose fault and inform the customer of the approximate repair times and rectify any faults
- Ensure repair of machines at depot or on site conforms with manufacturers specification and Company policy
- Quality, Health and Safety
- Handover machines to customers and familiarise customers with safe machine operation in accordance with company procedures
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
- Electrical Engineering diploma, vocational qualification or above
- Previous experience working on a range of complex machinery such as mobile access, heavy plant or other construction equipment
- Good understanding of the principles of electrical circuits and systems with the ability to read electrical circuit diagrams and schematic drawings
- Ability to methodically find fault, diagnose, repair and maintain a variety of electrically powered machines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Able to work to Health & Safety regulations and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems with some mechanical maintenance experience
- IPAF demonstrator license
- A valid driving license
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe’s largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP’s (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy ’’Your success is ours’’.