Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shift supervisor is responsible for performing all tasks assigned in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with the established operating procedures and written or oral instructions from his Supervisor.
- Adherence to company HSSE policy, ensure to follow 8 golden safety rules.
- Ensure workers under your supervision are aware of all known hazards.
- Maximize safe work permit practices by healthy communication & frequent site visits.
- Identifies corrective measures needed to eliminate or control safety and health hazards.
- Enforce Safe Work Practices, Correct Unsafe Conditions
- Ensure minimum man power is available to handle the shift safely.
- Implement safe start-up & shutdown procedures, Knowledge of all related safety interlocks.
- Ensure frequent group discussions with your team for Safety, near miss or incident related subjects both internal and external.
- Ensure successful production in terms of quality and quantity as per specifications of the Scheduling Instructions.
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up on guidelines provided by Process Engineers.
- Responsible for ensuring minimum permanent staffing in shifts.
- Supervise the operations of the plant and equipment according to daily operation instructions and permanent operation procedures. Communicate any changes to procedures/standards to subordinates.
- Supervise critical operational activities: start-up and shutdown, and provide technical support to the Boardman and the Field Leader during these activities.
- Take corrective actions in case of upset/disruption in accordance with the upset scenarios and instructions given by the Shift Superintendent.
- Validate the maintenance notifications and shift reports.
- Ensure Implementation of safe start-up & shutdown procedures,
- Ensure all related safety interlocks are in place.
- Plays role of an incident commander in case of emergency.
- Ensure proper coordination with other areas and with the Shift Superintendent regarding all activities which may affect the operations of the Area or any activities conducted by Area which may impact the work of other areas/others.
- Monitor staff performances and carryout annual appraisals. Propose and follow-up on training of staff. Participate in the operator certification process.
- Participate in the career development planning of staff under direct supervision.
- Promote and facilitate effective two-way communication.
- Control the application of and compliance with Refinery Standards established in the area of health, safety, and environment by subordinate staff and all personnel working in the Area.
- Release all Work Permits and ensure that conditions are met.
- Report and conduct first level of investigations of any incidents/accidents in the Area.
- Participate in risk analysis for any unusual operational or maintenance activities.
- Carryout regular field inspections within Area to monitor and maintain adequate housekeeping, identify and eliminate unsafe conditions and control the strict application of the work permit procedure and proper disposal of waste.
- Monitor that PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) is being used correctly on Area.
- Control the permanent minimization of flare, waste production and the quality of the sour/waste water sent to SWS or to API.
- Ensure the correct chemicals are being used and that staff understand hazards and risks.
- Control the completion of periodic survey and testing programs of equipment/devices related to Safety and Environmental Protection.
- Control the strict application of the Area control access procedure.
- Participates in certification process as a part of job qualification programme.
- Motivate subordinates & Promote and facilitate effective two-way communication.
- Organize group safety meetings to promote the HSE behaviours and to contribute to the achievement of the yearly HSE plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Superintendent Area.
- Supervises the daily activities of business or technical support or production team
- Demonstrates new ideas, solutions or approaches to on-going challenges
- Helps team members understand the broader vision and how they work towards it
- Implement all written instructions from scheduling daily order. & his immediate supervisor.
- Ensure all effective operation tools such as Lock out/Tag out, operation checklists are fulfilled.
- Execute daily Maintenance activity along with his team.
- Assistant Shift supervisor is responsible for his wholesome team development.
- Ensure Time keeping, discipline, other company rules are followed by his team religiously.
- Report Process deviation & product quality deviation immediately to all concerned and take corrective correction.
- Extend team support for trouble shooting &, process upsets in other as well as own unit to superiors.
- Two (2) years Diploma in Engineering or equivalent; or high School.
- Eight (8) years of Refinery Experience, of which at least Four (4) years were served as a Boardman or Operator Leader.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Process Commissioning Engineer
Equipment Operator - Fracturing/ Stimulation
Ali Bin Ali Group