Job description / Role
Do you want to lead a team in a newly established FC Procurement department in Dubai?
Sounds great. What will I be working on?
You will develop and enact long and short-term global procurement strategy in collaboration with regional leaders as well as lead major projects and work with vendor management in contract negotiations with suppliers.In your role, you will be expected to lead standardization of supplier portals and other procurement tooling and build the necessary controls, budgets, policies and procedures to optimize procurement's contribution to business objectives. Developing and utilizing of improved metrics and data driving decision-making capabilities are amongst your tasks.We will ask you to improve overall organizational capability through systems, processes, and talent development. At the same time, your task will be to develop and implement integrated supply chain processes that effectively support Souq/Amazon's growing and dynamic business models and drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
About Amazon FC procurement
We are a department, which collaborates with suppliers, internal business owners, and key stakeholders to facilitate procurement and create operational value for Amazon's FC requirements. We operate at a worldwide strategic level to standardize global procurement. This team will initially be policy, tactical processing, and efficiency focused with growth availability into tools development and increased vendor management opportunities.
· A completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited university. Degrees in Finance, Supply Chain Management, IT, or Business preferred.
· High precision in verbal and written communication in English + Arabic speaking is highly desirable.
· Proficiency in using financial systems (SAP, COUPA, ORACLE) in large organizations.
· Previous experience in purchasing; including supplier relationship management.
· Must have process improvement experience.
· 3+ years of managerial experience.
· Proven organizational and motivational skills. (this individual will lead a small team)
· Master's Degree (MBA or Technical).
· LEAN or Six Sigma experience.
· Experience leading the implementation of new processes, systems and decision making tools in a procurement or supply chain organization.
· Ability to interpret financial data and apply to decision making.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.