Job description / Role
Raffles Makkah Palace promises the exceptional standards inherent in the Raffles name and enhanced by Arab hospitality values. Raffles Makkah Palace offers 214 Suites & duplex Villas with breathtaking views of the Masjid Al Haram, the Holy Ka'aba and the city. The hotel combines the best of local cuisine and international dishes in each of its four outlets creating a unique and welcoming atmosphere in this diving setting. Guests can also indulge and immerse themselves in a relaxing sensory experience in our world renowned spa and fitness center or hold high-powered business gatherings in any of our state-of-the-art meeting rooms.
Perform facials, manicures, pedicures (aesthetic services) as well as all body treatments such as massage, scrubs, wraps in a safe and professional manner to Guests. Provide uncompromising attention to Guest/Member service.
The main responsibilities of the Spa Therapist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures all the guests receive prompt and courteous service.
- Perform all spa treatments on members and Guests using safe and professional techniques.
- Perform spa treatments services in a safe, comfortable, and hygienic manner.
- Perform nail services in a safe, comfortable, and hygienic manner.
- Maintain an ample inventory of all products necessary to perform all facials and waxing services including skin care products, cotton, distilled water, warm wax, waxing sticks, bowls, towels, sheets, blankets, plastic bags, and face cloths, etc. Prepare kits as required.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area consistent with the high standards of the facility.
- Assist in any and all ways in the beauty salon when not scheduled to perform aesthetic services. This assistance is to include acting as salon receptionist, performing manicure/pedicure services, selling and restocking professional retail skin care and hair care products.
- Constantly maintain up-to-date knowledge of the personal services performed and any revisions in the skin care products or procedures used.
- Answer all questions related to services performed and products used.
- Be on time for appointments and thoroughly review appointments after completing each service and shift.
- Courteously interact and answer all facility-related questions with Members and Guests.
- Assist in the co-ordination of spa treatments with other spa programs.
- Ensure current trends in aesthetic industry are reviewed.
- Serve as catalyst to promote spa services to Members and hotel Guests.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
- Report dysfunctional equipment to Spa Director.
- Work with the Lead Therapist in the formulation of plans for projects.
- Ensure individual is well versed in all aspects of the spa's operations, i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, retail sales, spa services (massage, loofah, facial, etc.).
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
- Ensure Guest/member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of aesthetics preferable.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as Aesthetician preferable.
- Safety oriented First Aid.
- CPR - Basic Rescuer.
- Good English language verbal and written communication skills.
- Good level of engagement with guests.
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Service focused personality is essential; customer related experience an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Must be physically capable of meeting the very physical demands of the position.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.