Job description / Role
Established American School in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is seeking a Special Education Needs Coordinator who can join their team in August 2023, Seeking a SENCO who is passionate about teaching and learning for children with special needs and can help support students and parents across the school. Seeking a leader who can adapt well to different living and working environments. The school has excellent facilities and offers teachers and leaders an excellent package and place to live.
- Competitive TAX-FREE Salary (depending on educational background, qualification and experience) - The salaries of the teachers are based on the number of years of experience and the qualifications of the teachers also contribute towards the salary offered by the school.
- FREE fully furnished non-shared accommodation - All contracted international staff are housed in luxury, fully equipped accommodation on an expatriate compound (www.sharbatlyvillage.com), one of the premiere compounds in Jeddah. The accommodation is paid for by the school. Life on the compound is extremely relaxed and unrestrained: all residents enjoy swimming, jogging, riding bicycles, etc. It should also be worth considering that the Sharbatly Village where staff live boasts of international sports facilities (e.g. swimming pool, gym, tennis courts) are free to use.
- FREE transportation to and from school
- World Class Internationally Recognized Medical Insurance
- Annual Return Air Fare
- Professional Development
The school provides for continuous Professional Development for teachers through IB External and IB Certified Internal Workshops. The school is the first IB Continuum School in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and one of the seven IB Continuum Schools in the Gulf Area. Hence, the experience and professional development you will be provided as a staff member will be a lasting benefit for you and your professional career in the future.
Jeddah being a coastal city, has easy access to the Red Sea, ideal for beach lovers. Expats in Jeddah live a comfortable life, with great work / life balance as well as having an opportunity to enjoy luxury accommodation provided by the school. The city itself offers great parks and malls, with plenty to do for singles or families. their is a large expat population in Jeddah so you will enjoy meeting people from across the globe.
Saudi is changing as a country and although the culture is vastly different from the West, the country offers safety and is a great place to live for the open minded, who can embrase change and living in a different culture.
- To be suitable for the role you must currently be working in a senior / leadership role specialising in SEN.
- You must be degree qualified, with a can do attitude and the ability to work well with students, staff, parents and the wider community.
- You must be professional, adaptable and able to embrace change whilst living and working in a new country / culture
About the Company
We focus on recruiting for teaching and educational leadership opportunities overseas, working on behalf of British, American & International schools across the Middle East. We are always on the lookout for qualified and talented teachers and leaders who are looking to continue their career outside of their home country, to explore a new culture and life abroad, whilst enjoying the benefits that come with living and working in the Middle East.
At Step 2 Teaching we aim to work in partnership with our candidates and clients, ensuring the right match for all involved in the recruitment process. We supply to a portfolio of clients within the industry, working hard to ensure successful recruitment solutions and long-term relationships along the way.
With a rich understanding of our practice areas and deep, collaborative relationships with industry leaders, we continually drive top performance in the recruiting sector, delivering a better experience for our clients and candidates alike.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
The Blossom Nursery
The Blossom Nursery
Primary Teacher - KS1 - Science Coordinator (British / Islamic School)
Step 2 Teaching