Job description / Role
The Contracts/Commercial Manager is responsible for identifying and administering contractual obligations of the Project Manager, the Design Manager, and the Construction Manager and parties to the project such as the Client, Design consultants sub-consultants, and the main contractor The scope shall cover all project phases from inception to closeout including variations, EOT claims, resolution of issues related to client and designer instigated change control and documentation, as well as contractor disputes with other parties to the main contract Their primary objective is to detect potential risks to the project and work with the project team to develop strategies that protect the project
The Contracts Manager, who reports to the Project Director, supervises specific contracting activities of a project Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Management of contract documents including design consultants and RFPs
• Management and documentation of communications with Employer, minute Employer meetings and approval process thereof
• Monitoring and advise on contract correspondence, minute Contractor progress meetings and document justifications for claims avoidance
• Management of claims avoidance activities, and administer variations procedure
• Advise and Coordination of contract execution
• Work with the Planning Manager, to process contractor progress reports and maintain performance deficiencies log in relation to potential claims
• Provide information to the Project Planning Manager for project reporting requirements
• Maintenance of contract documents
• Review of project budget (provided by project Cost Consultant) and periodic updates of same
• Coordinates with Cost Consultant and Employer in regard to payment and contract issues and processing
• We're looking for a senior commercial manager or a senior QS/Contract Manager with Commercial management Experience.
• The candidate must have 20+ years of experience.
• The candidate must have good experience with international consultancy companies.
• The candidate must be currently based in Saudi Arabia.
• The candidate must be willing to live in a remote area.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering