Job description / Role
Steward Job Description :
- To assist the Chief Steward in planning, implementing, organizing and coordinating the smooth and efficient operation of Stewarding Department on a daily basis.
- To read and take immediate action on report relating to Stewarding Department from Chief Steward/ Stewarding Supervisor. Communication:
- To report any major complaints in the Stewarding to Chief Steward/ Stewarding Supervisor.
- Mops the floor 3 times per shift.
- Cleans all Kitchen trolleys as requested by Chefs.
- Clears the shelves for dirty pots.
- Provides himself with cleaning equipment and hands it over to the relieving shift or puts it back in the equipment store.
- Participates in training/communication meetings as required.
- Cleans and disinfects all the chopping boards.
- Empties and cleans sinks and machines before leaving.
- Is informed on fire, health, safety and hygiene policies.
- Washes all operating equipment.
- Polishes all operating equipment and issues them to the departments as required.
- Cleans all buffet equipment.
- Leaves the crush area clean and tidy when finishing work.
- Cleans the machines before and after each meal period.
- Places all operating equipment in the respective outlets/storage areas.
- Washes all the pots for the kitchen as requested.
- Checks the glass racks and puts the glasses in the proper racks.
- Ensures that all crockery, which does not belong to the working area, is put its right place before finishing shift.
- Empties trolleys.
- To be aware and thorough about every training handouts
- The Hotel facilities
- Fire Procedures
- Job description and employee's handbook
- Carries out other duties that may from time to time be assigned.
Your team and working environment:
- Working a fast-paced team environment
- Shifts will be during the day, evening, and weekend
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company, and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are, and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.