Store Manager (Saudi National)
Job description / Role
You will be responsible for the overall store management and able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively.
The client is a market leader within the fashion retail industry across Saudi Arabia.
* Develop business strategies to raise our customers' pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
* Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff
* Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent service
* Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
* Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
* Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths
* Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc)
* Be a shining example of well behaviour and high performance
* Additional store manager duties as needed
There is a competitive package on offer and an unrivalled opportunity to join a leading, highly reputable company in the retail industry.
* 5+ years of luxury retail experience
* Previous background in the watches & jewellery division
* A proven record of delivering exceptional guest service
* Strong leadership and coaching skills
* Excellent communication skills in Arabic and English
* Knowledge and passion for the luxury retail industry
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.