Job description / Role
Strategic Client Services Director - Telco Sector
Emerging technologies are disrupting old paradigms and unleashing new opportunities, and Oracle are using those emerging technologies along with 40 years of experience to lead the way in modernising the enterprise for their customers. We are transforming the world of business, empowering nearly half a million businesses across the globe to turn untapped potential into real business value with our full stack of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, with Professional and Managed Services on offer to our customers. We enable companies to reimagine their businesses, processes, and experiences to outpace change.
The Strategic Client Services Director role is one of influence and leadership, responsible for providing Oracle's strategic customers with the guidance and support needed for successful and effective use of Oracles products and services. This role requires thought leadership in the customer's industry, matching Oracle's products and services to meet the changing landscape within this industry, and ensuring our customers have the support they need from Oracle to achieve their strategic goals. We are looking after industry experience in the key industries such as telecommunications or government, but strong business acumen in general is required. The successful candidate will work closely with the Strategic Client Director who has accountability for the end to end Oracle service and sales for the customer.
The Strategic Client Services Director will drive a high degree of customer satisfaction, referenceability and protect / enhance revenue streams with their assigned customers. You will lead and coordinate activities with the Strategic Client Director and other Oracle stakeholders to support the implementation of the Oracle account strategy for the customer.
- Build significant, value-based relationships with key customer contacts, that results in a partnership of collaboration and business growth for both Oracle and our customers
- Together with the Strategic Client Director, provide the account team with leadership and guidance to deliver results.
- The account team represents multiple lines of business.
- The Strategic Client Service Director will inspire this team of highly skilled people to deliver services that have the customer at the centre of all the decisions we make.
- Provide industry and customer insight to the wider Oracle team. Drive forward Oracle's best practices, and support implementation of recommendations across the customer's Oracle landscape by working with customer stakeholders to ensure appropriate levels of sponsorship and prioritization.
- Have a thorough understanding of the customers' current Oracle landscape and their requirements from Oracle in the future.
- Working in collaboration with the Strategic Client Director, Account team members, Oracle Support, Oracle Development and Cloud Operations to ensure the best solutions and outcomes for the customer are met.
- Work within this role is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in areas of specialization, using the Oracle network to drive forward solutions, at pace, in demanding situations.
- Participate in Account Planning and Account Reviews, track and communicate status on complex projects including risk identification and mitigation recommendations.
- Establishing joint governance plans with the customer and participating in those governance forums wherein Oracle technologies are being deployed / utilised.
- Have a strong understanding of the IT life cycle management, experience in managing major incidents that require executive level communication.
- Ensuring that the customer and Oracle are aligned and prepared to manage reactive situations such as incidents and escalated problems.
- Maintain detailed knowledge and demonstrated execution of Oracle support services and cloud operations to ensure the best possible service is received by the customer
Key skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to communicate and present at Exec C-Level
- Strong business acumen - entrepreneurial approach
- Strong networking and relationship building
- Ability to lead & influence a geographically dispersed team without direct reporting lines at times
- Understand the customer's industry, as well as its technical and infrastructure environment, and translate it into Oracle solutions
- Subject Matter expertise in industry and/or key Oracle product(s)
- Expected travel 25 -50% of time
- 10 or more years of experience in senior positions of professional Enterprise implementation experience, IT Service leadership, Program Management or Account Management experience
- Demonstrated strong competency of interpersonal skills, team leadership, business acumen, relationship building and conflict management
- Demonstrated expertise in large (multi-site or international) transformation projects
- Experience working Globally with delivery and customer teams is preferred
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or equivalent preferred
- ITIL, PMP, Prince2 or equivalent certification preferred
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.