Job description / Role
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for talented Structural Technologist to join our offices located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for team members with exceptional design skills, first class graphics and a passion for place making. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai, Cape Town, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Collaborate with the design team to support and adhere in the required production of required drawings.
• Use Computer Aided Design (CAD) and associated peripheral equipment and software or manual drafting techniques to perform scaling dimensions, or line locating.
• Combine details from sketches, drawings, and blueprints to make required calculations.
• Detail, redraw, letter, and trace drawings on components, assemblies, and engineering change orders.
• Interpret data, instructions, and specifications (for example previous drawings, layouts, sketches, notes, and verbal instructions) to prepare accurate drawings.
What do I need to apply?
• Significant experience in following established drafting standards and principles to prepare layouts and drawings for all types of building structures with an engineering consultancy.
• Expert experience in the use of Revit
• BSc in a related field of Engineering or relevant field of study
• Completion of professional drafting / technical drawings program, certificate or diploma.
• Autodesk accredited certificate course for Revit.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.