Job description / Role
• To manage sourcing of agreed Construction disciplines, including the selection, appointment and management of key suppliers to meet Civil and Electromechanical procurement needs.
• To apply the best practice procurement for agreed construction categories including the provision of market insight, development of category strategies and associated sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management.
• To manage the flow of goods and services i.e., the movement and storage of the material / inventory.
• Direct activities for all of the local procurement activities as well as project contract requirements.
• To select and develop an effective working relationship with vendors offering the highest level of value.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Manage and maintain the relationship, performance and substitution of the selected vendor pool for each category.
• Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
• Issuing Contract with subcontractors / suppliers and examine and re-evaluate existing contracts.
• Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors.
• Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
• Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
• To perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Total 10-15 Year experience. 5 years in managerial capacity.
• Construction industry experience will be preferred.
• A degree in business, finance, industrial engineering or supply chain management
• Certified by any of the following accreditation organization (preferred)
• Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
• The Institute of Supply Management
• The Institute of Supply Chain Management.
About the Company
We Buy, we Build we Bind.
We run FOB (Family owned Business). Our strength is our more than 40 year solid experience in construction field, deep roots and closed business relationship with customers and key stakeholders in the market. We achieve this milestone through our people and we believe that they are one of the key reasons of our ambition to lead the industry.
We acquired best available talent and value our employee centric culture. We strongly believe that companies cannot achieve great things without great peoples. To sustain our cultural values, we strive with commitment to provide training, innovative and unique employment experience, career growth and development and more specifically a feel of being one team rather one Family- We call it as MashrikFamily.
Every member of our team owns friendly culture and feels honored to be part of MashrikFamily that represents approximately 17 nationalities and more than 13 different languages. We encourage cultural diversity that contributes innovation, understanding of different perspectives, experience, solutions and strengths in achieving our set mission and corporate goals.
Our culture is built upon time-tested corporate values that include;
Integrity- We are people of character and value honesty in all we do.
Professional Excellence – we strive hard to make sure professional excellence through unique workplace practices and best talent . Peoples- We value our peoples, they are center of our focus.
Customer Satisfaction- Our Customer Service is core of our business.
Safety First- We are committed for Zero-Harm for every MashrikFamily member and the person we work with.
Respect and Dignity- We adhered with paying respect and value dignity of our People.
We take pride of our commitment in considering all members of AlMashrik group as a family. This commitment provides us reasons to believe that our family member’s happiness and sorrows are common, they strive for common objective, pass on learning, move ahead along and celebrate success together.
MashrikFamily is not merely a slogan, it’s a complete package which is aligned with corporate core values and carries not only a holistic meaning but attributed with strong values it carries. For us the word FAMILY is considered acronym and encompasses positive behavior of being Fair, Adaptive, Motivated, Innovative, Learning and Yielding. We nurture and sustain this behavior to make AlMashrik as noticeable place to work- that is why we say….
We Buy, We Build, We Bind.
Head of Supply Chain
Future Careers Middle East
Manager of Supply Chain
Future Careers Middle East
Senior Procurement Manager
Country Procurement Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services