Job description / Role
The role in brief
The Surveyor is responsible for taking measurements of distances and angles on a piece of land to support a variety of activities and establish legal property boundaries by conducting surveys and performing mathematical calculations with a high level of accuracy
• Takes measurements of distances and angles on a piece of land to support a variety of activities and establish legal property boundaries.
• Conducting surveys and performing mathematical calculations with a high level of accuracy.
• Define boundaries and reference points, determines established boundaries based on previous surveys and records, marking these reference points or landmarks to aid in the measurement and calculation process.
• Prepares detailed reports for project managers, construction crew, and government agencies for current and future surveys and guide construction and development projects.
• Ensures that their survey reports are highly accurate and contain all the necessary information to establish legal boundaries and support development activities.
• Considers historical maps and surveys, along with legal documents relating to the land they are measuring, to determine current boundary information and historical surveying activities on the property.
• Conduct the required coordination works for the company’s global projects; coordination shall include but not be limited to clients, consultants, contractors, subcontractors and vendors
• Assists in resolving site architectural issues (e.g. drawings discrepancies, method statements or correspondences) and implement the right methods to ensure quality and productivity
• Carry out architectural works: scheduling, material requisition, cost control, project supervision, routine inspection of installed works, and relevant documentation
• Ensure compliance with specifications and local authorities’ requirements, and achieve quality aspect of survey works consistently
• Relevant Degree / Diploma in Architecture or its equivalent
• Minimum 7 years of relevant local experience across multiple projects
• Experience using hand surveying tools (distance measuring wheels, plumb bobs, levels) and electronic surveying tools (transit levels, GPS equipment).
• Working knowledge of software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs
• An aptitude for applying mathematical principles to solve problems is necessary.
• Awareness of requirements of relevant authorities (i.e. Ministries)
• Strong team player, equally strong working independently
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Organized and able to handle multiple projects at the same time
About the Company
Agility is a global provider of integrated supply chain solutions with more than 20,000 employees, 450 offices in 100 countries around the world and over $4.5 billion in annual revenue. A publicly traded company, we offer our customers truly personalized service and flexible solutions tailored to meet their individual business needs, supported by a comprehensive network of warehousing facilities, transportation and freight management services.
Our customers span a range of industries from technology and retail to consumer products and oil and gas. In addition, Agility has three specialized business units: Defense & Government Services, Project Logistics, and Fairs & Events Logistics, each with dedicated teams to meet the complex customer requirements in these markets.
|Duba City||9 Jul|
Civil QC Engineer
Quantity Surveyor (Expat)
|Saudi Arabia||27 Apr|