Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould is one of the world's leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million. Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom over 450 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company. Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking to recruit a Sustainability & Environment Project Manager to join the Project and Programme Delivery Team for Al Ula commission.
The candidate will be based in AlUla but may be required to work across the wider GCC and Middle East. Whilst directly reporting to the Infrastructure Business Unit Lead, the individual must be able to develop a successful working relationship with the Heads of other Departments within the KSA and regional offices as well as discipline leaders in the UK.
- Leading on the coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams including ESIA, options appraisals, and environmental management.
- Championing high standards of environmental performance within multidisciplinary engineering projects, influencing project development and delivering optimal environmental outcomes.
- Providing technical planning advice to key clients and Atkins design teams.
- Developing Environmental management processes, procedures & guidelines for all projects
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary design teams to enable the development of integrated sustainable design solutions.
- Establishing a network of expert resources from existing stakeholders
- Managing technical and commercial aspects of bid development, project delivery and develop new areas of business for the team.
- Meeting with regulators and obtaining statutory approvals for environment components of projects.
- Collating and editing information from a range of sources to provide clear, well written reports.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard, and review the work of others, on time and to budget.
- Able to manage clients' needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Lead and support on bid preparation and develop new areas of business for the team.
- Undertake Continual Professional Development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute.
- Degree and preferably post-graduate qualified in an environmental or science subject.
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience.
- Chartered or working towards chartership
- At least 5 years of experience in master planning or infrastructure projects.
- At least 3 years Middle East experience.
- Specialist in environmental / sustainability or relevant field
- Experience in PMO
- Comprehensive knowledge of the EIA process and environmental disciplines, including environmental field investigations and data collection
- Experience of leadership within multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills and able to review the work of others to ensure quality.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate issues and ideas effectively.
- Be flexible, adaptable, and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
- Experience of development of complex technical reports in line with regulatory environmental and sustainability requirements.
- Experience of the management/co-ordination of EIA environmental planning in KSA.
- Experience of natural resource management.
- Practical experience in the solid waste management sector
- Experience of multi-disciplinary work in large scale developments in region.
- Arabic speaking.
- Driving Licence.
Salary & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.