Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould is one of the world's leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of Â£200 million. Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom over 450 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking to recruit a Sustainability & Environment Project Manager to join the Project and Programme Delivery Team for Al Ula commission.
The candidate will be based in AlUla but may be required to work across the wider GCC and Middle East. Whilst directly reporting to the Infrastructure Business Unit Lead, the individual must be able to develop a successful working relationship with the Heads of other Departments within the KSA and regional offices as well as discipline leaders in the UK.
- Leading on the coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams including ESIA, options appraisals, and environmental management.
- Championing high standards of environmental performance within multidisciplinary engineering projects, influencing project development and delivering optimal environmental outcomes.
- Providing technical planning advice to key clients and Atkins design teams.
- Developing Environmental management processes, procedures & guidelines for all projects
- Co-ordinating multi-disciplinary design teams to enable the development of integrated sustainable design solutions.
- Establishing a network of expert resources from existing stakeholders
- Managing technical and commercial aspects of bid development, project delivery and develop new areas of business for the team.
- Meeting with regulators and obtaining statutory approvals for environment components of projects.
- Collating and editing information from a range of sources to provide clear, well written reports.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard, and review the work of others, on time and to budget.
- Able to manage clients' needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Lead and support on bid preparation and develop new areas of business for the team.
- Undertake Continual Professional Development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute.
Salary & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Browse our Knowledge Centre to get an inside look into the projects we've delivered
Don't forget to sign up to receive the latest content tailored to your interests
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
- Degree and preferably post-graduate qualified in an environmental or science subject.
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience.
- Chartered or working towards chartership
- At least 5 years of experience in master planning or infrastructure projects.
- At least 3 years Middle East experience.
- Specialist in environmental / sustainability or relevant field
- Experience in PMO
- Comprehensive knowledge of the EIA process and environmental disciplines, including environmental field investigations and data collection
- Experience of leadership within multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills and able to review the work of others to ensure quality.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate issues and ideas effectively.
- Be flexible, adaptable, and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
- Experience of development of complex technical reports in line with regulatory environmental and sustainability requirements.
- Experience of the management/co-ordination of EIA environmental planning in KSA.
- Experience of natural resource management.
- Practical experience in the solid waste management sector
- Experience of multi-disciplinary work in large scale developments in region.
- Arabic speaking.
- Driving Licence.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).