Sustainability Solution Architect - Client Engineering
IBM Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Technology sales at IBM is evolving it's way of working to break beyond boundaries with innovative approaches. Preferring to 'show' vs. 'tell', Client Engineering co-creates with prospective customers, in real-time, on solutions to their hardest business challenges.
We are looking for a client technical leader dedicated to IBM's most important clients within KSA. In this role, you will create and maintain proven, trusted technical advisor relationships at all levels within the client's organization, including key technology decision leaders & strategy owners. These relationships will help you uncover your client's technology priorities and greatest challenges, understand and influence where your client wants to go, map that to IBM solutions and services, then orchestrate resources within IBM to bring those solutions and services to life.
Excellent onboarding training will set you up for success, whilst ongoing development will continue to advance your career through its upward trajectory. Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always part of a team, you'll be surrounded by leaders and colleagues who are always willing to help and be helped - as you support MVPs and proofs of concept (PoC) that compel clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Sustainability Solution Architect within IBM Client Engineering you'll help deliver unique client co-creation experiences to accelerate their transformation.
From identification of requirements to technical decisions impacting the business case, you'll lead all aspects of integrated solutions. You will act as Technical Leader with large expertise/competences on ESG domains to infuse into all phases of a project.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this opportunity may include, but not be limited to:
- Combining contemporary cloud skills (e.g., AI, analytics, DevOps, DevSecOps, IaC, security, networking and storage etc.,) with deep industry expertise, and an understanding of your dedicated set of clients' businesses.
- Defining and communicating the differentiated value of IBM's technology - technically and commercially.
- Being the overall technical lead for client sessions that include a broad range of public and hybrid cloud technologies - Red Hat OpenShift, IBM Cloud Paks and Kubernetes (to name a few!)
- Supporting the solutions architecture plan whilst being a hands-on "builder" in client-facing engagements.
- Advising so that solution architecture includes provisions for security, reliability, and anticipated future needs.
- Enlarge sustainability value to the full ecosystem.
- Infuse ESG into all phases of a project.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Specific solution experience in the Hybrid Cloud and AI domains.
- Red Hat OpenShift experience, accreditation or certification.
- Foundational knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or the Confluent Kafka platform.
- Foundational knowledge of industry standard Dev/Sec/Ops best practices and tooling.
- Experienced level industry knowledge. Examples would include, but are not limited to, the following: Financial Services, Retail, Public Sector or Telecommunications.
- Ability to articulate business models, and value of our offerings.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or higher.
- At least 5 years experience leading architectural direction and cross-brand selling.
- Sustainability expertise and knowledge
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in architecting /deploying /operating solutions built on AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, or Google Cloud.
- Deep Solution Architect or an IT / some public cloud consultant experience.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.