Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
PwC is a global professional services organisation which strives to solve out clients pressing business problems. Tax and Legal Services (TLS) is a dynamic and varied service line offering premium solutions to our clients in the ME market. These include Tax compliance, Tax Consulting, Transfer Pricing and a range of Legal services offerings.
The ME Tax market is buoyant and developments at a jurisdictional level are dynamic with much change in the environment expected in the coming months and years. This translates into a large market opportunity for Tax services.
You'll be joining a compact team of dedicated professionals in the BD space who strive to drive our brand and relevance in the market.
The role of TLS business development senior manager will report directly into the TLS Business Development director. The successful candidate will sit within the Clients & Markets team in the Tax Line of Service and will be based in either Riyadh or Jeddah office.
You will work closely with fee earners, business development and other members of the firm in pursuing new work through supporting the development, project management and execution of strategic BD initiatives including:
- General BD programme management
- BD campaign management
- Proposal programme and protocol management
- Proposal development and fulfilment
- Pipeline reporting and management
- Liaison with marketing team
The key responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Day to day specific BD infrastructure initiatives including Salesforce, Sales methodology deployment, Account management and client listening
- New business proposals/pitches - playing a hands on role project managing, coordinating and helping to prepare proposal documents for the regional Tax team driving the 'sales coach role' on large and strategic opportunities
- Liaising with the onshore design team in Jordan to project manage document development prior to submission
- Manage MI around pitch/proposal outcomes and feedback to the partnership
- Managing pipeline reporting
- Working with the Tax team to update the central Proposal Hub materials for the Tax LoS to ensure accuracy of content
- Support the TLS team in preparing presentation materials for pitches
- Ensure all proposal and tender opportunities are tracked within the Firm's systems from when the opportunity becomes live through to post review feedback
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, have a willingness to disseminate best practice approach and be hands-on when required. They will have good project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple deliverables within tight timeframes. They will have the ability to build strong business relationships with internal clients and the resilience to deal in a fast paced environment with senior people.
- Experience of having worked in a professional services firm in a business development capacity
- Strategic and commercial gravitas
- A knowledge of general BD infrastructure and proposal experience of setting up/managing a LoS protocol for proposals
- Proposal/Pursuit experience and managing large complex tenders/RFPs
- Experience of managing BD programmes in terms of design, development and deployment. Competence and running multiple initiatives.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRM systems
- Strong project management skills and an ability to influence senior members of the organisation through rational argument
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Experience of working in a Partnership would be advantageous, but is not a necessity
- client feedback exposure
- Experience of using Microsoft office and Google for Work would be an advantage
- Line management experience of a junior staff member
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.