Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavor to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewelry, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalyzed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
General and Task Management
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets
- Train new Warehouse operatives within area of responsibility
- Ensure inventories in area of responsibility are accurate
- Ensure stock movements are recorded accurately
- Support organizing and participate in stock takes at regular intervals
- Ensure that any computerized or automated systems are accurate and up to date
- Identify any systems improvements and make recommendations for change
- Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse. Where appropriate elevate the issue to a more senior level
- Produce regular reports and statistics as and when required
- Review ways to reduce waste
- Assist in planning future capacity requirements
- Ensure that health and safety meets the required standards and carry out risk assessments
- Maintain high standards of security in the warehouse
- Ensure staff comply to health, safely and environmental regulations and work safely to protect themselves and others in the warehouse environment
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency
- Manage time and attendance for operatives within area of responsibility and support supervisor with people management issues
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets and operational requirements
- Support with recruitment and train staff as well as monitor performance and progress to ensure targets are met
- Report progress updates, key achievements and any concerns to the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies as and when required in a timely way
What you'll need to succeed
- Saudi National
- Prior experience in similar roles
- Supervisory and Team Leader skills with the ability to motivate, develop and supervise others
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and databases and a knowledge of warehouse systems
- Analytical and numerical
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.