Job description / Role
The job holder is responsible for supervising the Technical Procurement activities ensuring cost-effectiveness whilst delivering high-quality products as per the internal needs.
- Develop performance objectives in coordination with Directorate and continuously conduct progress towards Departmental and strategic objectives and implement periodic performance reports to offer evaluation results and recommend improvements
- Implement improvements to policies and procedures in order to deliver high-quality services
- Carry-out the day-to-day operations, offer expertise, encourage teamwork and coordinate work processes to achieve high performance standards, meet established targets and engage employee
- Coordinate with other Sectors in order to set the annual Technical Procurement agenda in accordance to requirements
- Develop requests for proposals (RFPs) ensuring alignment with Technical Procurement needs
- Receive and manage simple/complex quotations from different departments and ensure alignment to annual plan and budget
- Coordinate with requestors from different departments regarding specifications for ordering purposes
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials based on business needs
- Review purchase requisitions for pricing, terms and condition and financial obligations
- Identify and report on the availability of requested items in stock and in the market ensuring alignment to needs
- Source, negotiate and execute agreements of high value specialty materials and services not available in existing agreements
- Ensure review of deliveries and invoices against purchase orders for verification purposes
- Supervise the benchmarking of prices on a quarterly basis to review similar prices in the market
- Conduct market research looking for new and recurrent suppliers in order to obtain the lowest market prices
- Keep abreast the latest market trends in terms of technical specifications of the products to be procured
- Supervise, build relationships and conduct simple/complex negotiation with suppliers to ensure optimization of the Technical Procurement process and performance
- Resolve purchasing issues or discrepancies to ensure smooth flow of logistical operations
- Supervise the preparation of annual Technical Procurement reports to Management as and when required for decision-making purposes
- Supervise prices comparison, specifications, and delivery dates in order to deliver best quality within budgetary limits and time
- Develop and motivate staff, conduct the performance, give formal and informal feedback and appraisals and conduct guidance on training programs to maximize employees' performance
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a procurement role with a large corporation
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing services to ICT, Oil & Energy, Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance and Healthcare arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams, specialized in their assigned industry sector.
Saudi Networkers founded in 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations.
Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies, with more than 1700+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.