Job description / Role
The company leads in the industrial services industry; specifically in transportation and logistics industry. It provides airport services in Saudi Arabia. They are currently looking for a Technical Services Section Manager to be based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implement the Technical Services strategy ensures that their aligned with functional strategy and overall strategy.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Technical Services processes and practices considering, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
• Manage the Technical Services Duty managers and supervisors and ensure compliance of the department policies, procedures, processes and systems to achieve effective and efficient performance.
• Oversee optimization of resource and provide recommendations to improve the process and procedures of the Technical Services Department.
• Coordinates the activities of the assigned shift with regard to operations.
• Provide the instructions and recommending action on disciplinary matters to all staff in the shift
• Responsible for personnel planning, roster vacation and all staff needs for the Technical services, including instructions and recommending action on disciplinary matters.
• Maintains a safe and secure working environment, whilst consistently delivering an operation to the highest standards.
• Coordinates activities to achieve consistent delivery against all Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
• Secure all information changes, revised procedures and regulations related to the Technical Services are transmitted to personnel and implemented without delay
• Assist in the Identification and implementation of new operating techniques that will improve productivity and reduce costs of the Technical Services department.
• Proactively manage disruption including but not limited to equipment breakdown.
• Monitor the operational performance against the approved targets and KPIs, report on variances to the Manager - Technical Services, and manage the implementation of corrective measures in coordination with other internal stakeholders.
• Monitor all Technical Services activities and ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality, health and safety, legal, environmental and general objectives.
• Providing timely and accurate reporting in terms of both regular and ad-hoc reports to the Technical Services Manager.
• Manage work teams and monitor their performance by planning work activities and constantly providing feedback in order to ensure that work activities are carried out efficiently and in a procedurally compliant manner.
• Provide guidance by coaching, counseling and mentoring the Supervisors and front-line workforce on a day to day basis to directly enhance their skills.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years of experience in a managerial role.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent time management and teamwork skills.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering