Job description / Role
The Technical Support consists of two sections: Information Technology (IT) and Technical Support (TS):
Information Technology (IT) – provides required technical support to all company operating units for all departments both in Rabigh and Head Office in Jeddah. These mainly involves applications support, data network support, servers support, telephone system support and end users support by:
• Maintaining system reliability, i.e. uptime kept to the maximum through system monitoring, data back-ups and regular hardware/software maintenance,
• Ensuring all systems and networks are always available,
• Administration of the servers, databases and networks, and
• Maintaining all IT systems (hardware, software and networking systems.
• Technical Support (TS) – provides engineering and technical support to all operating units at the Rabigh plant site. The main activities of its two units – the Engineering & Data Management and Performance & Condition Monitoring – focus in ensuring system reliability, i.e. uptime is kept to the maximum through effective and efficient system monitoring and regular maintenance processes, in close coordination with Power Operations, Desalination and Maintenance departments. Key tasks involve:
• Monitoring and evaluating various relevant parameters to provide accurate information for performance measurement calculation.
• Conducting various performance tests of all major equipment to ensure plant availability and reliability.
• Preparation and submission of monthly invoices and managing the PI system
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Achieve department objective efficiently.
• To participate in developing the “Scope of Work” defining the functional requirements/ equipment specifications, in case any system/equipment requires modification to be performed by outsourced agency.
• To assist Plant O&M crews in analyzing critical system upsets/operating problems and recommend measures to avoid recurrences
• To perform Residual Life Assessment (RLA) studies for the major Plant equipments and recommend corrective actions for extending the lifespan and/or for better and economic utilization of the equipment, wherever necessary
• Prepare/Process/Deliver monthly invoice to Petrorabigh before the 3rd day of each month.
• Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs
• Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network.
• Monitor changing network technology and deliver a technology update to the executive team each quarter.
• Responsible for creating and administering disaster procedure and plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis.
• Determine the rationale and methods for upgrading company network software programs each time an update is released.
• University graduate/Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or related field)
• Licensed professional engineer
• Knowledge of power plant engineering, operation and maintenance
• Strong knowledge in systems and policies formulation, budget preparation, competency-based management and performance management.
• Knowledge of IT operations and maintenance
• At least 10 years related professional experience, in information technology, engineering and technical services in a power plant environment.
• Excellent skills in:
- Management and coordination
- Planning and organizing
- Training and presentation
- Multi-level communication
About the Company
At Candidate we pride ourselves in not only being a team of recruiters but possessing extensive industry experience across our key verticals, which allows us to search and select the right calibre of resource for our clients. With our offices in the UK and Dubai, UAE we have the exposure to the right network which helps us focus on building a portfolio of clients and candidates across our key sectors:
Financial Services FinTech Legal Cyber Healthcare Digital
We like to see ourselves as more than a typical recruitment consultancy. For instance we offer the core services of placing the right candidate for our clients and retained recruitment, in addition to consultancy to advise and build out a client’s needs. Supplying contract resource is an area we are building out to provide further options to our client base. Lastly training is a key focus, as a result of our partnership with Forte Markets we have access to a depth of content and expertise, across our key verticals, rarely seen with a recruiter.