Technology Commercialization Lead
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Technology Commercialization Lead to join its Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TSPD).
TSPD's mission is to advance the Aramco's technology strategy and long-term outlook in line with corporate sustainability and business objectives, drive alignment between research topics, technology portfolios and domains, coordinate Company Intellectual Property (IP) prosecution, manage the technology delivery stage-gate process, and lead technology commercialization efforts with corporate stakeholders.
The role of the Technology Commercialization Lead is to provide strategy and project management leadership, and to define and implement technology commercialization strategies that deliver value through deployments in Saudi Aramco group business operations; and, where applicable, through market adoption of in-house developed technologies and company-owned IP outside of Aramco or Aramco joint ventures. Working with key stakeholders, the Technology Commercialization Lead recommends and implements preferred technology commercialization strategies, taking into consideration relevant commercial risks and uncertainties.
- Engages with research and development functions, as well as with business and engineering stakeholders to identify, evaluate, develop and support technology programs that offer long-term global competitive differentiation for Aramco.
- Builds a shared understanding of long-term business needs, the underlying technology challenges, and minimum performance criteria for a fit-for-purpose technology solution.
- Defines a value proposition for a minimum viable product/solution that satisfies defined business needs, and validates market-specific use cases.
- Develops and delivers a technology commercialization and deployment plan for each recommended technology, including intellectual property (IP) licensing opportunities.
- Works with relevant business organizations to prioritize projects and sharpen strategies in line with commercial opportunities, revenue requirements and strategic fit.
- Delivers regular project update briefings to senior management on progress versus plan, and identifies technical or commercial issues, ensuring effective integrated risk management of technology projects.
- Prepares and presents business cases, competitive analysis and strategy options for quality decision-making at Corporate Stage-Gate business review panel meetings.
- Develops and facilitates a broad range of internal and external stakeholder relationships to build partnerships, and leads the commercial negotiations that will accelerate the development, deployment and market adoption of Aramco-developed technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering discipline, an advance degree (MBA/ Finance) is preferable.
- At least 12 years of combined experience in a minimum of three of the following functions: research, development, operations, business development, consulting and finance. Note that this experience may have been gained in upstream oil and gas operations, midstream, downstream, chemicals, natural gas distribution, energy services, alternative or renewable energy, engineering and/or technology innovation.
- At least five years commercializing complex inventions stemming from work in one of the following disciplines: oil and gas, alternative energy, engineering, refining, chemical, and/or digital solutions.
- At least five years of experience in product development and/or technology marketing, with a deep exposure to energy-related and/or software-related technology licensing.
- Sufficient understanding and expertise across the technology lifecycle, including: R&D and IP strategy, engineering, scale-up, project development, economic evaluation, supply chain development, risk evaluation and mitigation, as well as strategy and business development.
- Deep experience of developing business cases for new technology-based products or solutions.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.