Job description / Role
Technology sales at IBM is evolving it's way of working to break beyond boundaries with innovative approaches. Preferring to 'show' vs. 'tell', Client Engineering co-creates with prospective customers, in real-time, on solutions to their hardest business challenges.
As a Cloud Engineer (what we in IBM call a 'Technology Engineer') within Client Engineering, you'll be be a key player in a multi-disciplinary team made up of Architects, Data Scientists, Designers, Developers, and Business Strategists. The brightest minds collaborating with clients as one team, and contributing to experiential working sessions. The outputs of which produce minimal viable product (MVP), enterprise-scale solutions at lean, start-up speed.
Excellent onboarding training will set you up for success, whilst ongoing development will continue to advance your career through its upward trajectory. Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always part of a team, you'll be surrounded by leaders and colleagues who are always willing to help and be helped - as you support MVPs and proofs of concept (PoC) that compel clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Technology Engineer within IBM Client Engineering you'll help deliver unique client co-creation experiences to accelerate their transformation.
From identification of requirements to technical decisions impacting the business case, you'll lead all aspects of integrated solutions.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this opportunity may include, but not be limited to:
- Combining contemporary cloud skills (e.g., AI, analytics, DevOps, DevSecOps, IaC, security, networking and storage etc.,) with deep industry expertise, and an understanding of your dedicated set of clients' businesses.
- Defining and communicating the differentiated value of IBM's technology - technically and commercially.
- Being the overall technical lead for client sessions that include a broad range of public and hybrid cloud technologies - Red Hat OpenShift, IBM Cloud Paks and Kubernetes (to name a few!)
- Supporting the solutions architecture plan whilst being a hands-on "builder" in client-facing engagements.
- Advising so that solution architecture includes provisions for security, reliability, and anticipated future needs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable, hand-on expertise in a wide range of cloud technologies.
- Provable track-record of leading customer-facing, technical solutions teams in a variety of cloud architectures.
- Technical expertise in a cloud-related solution domain such as Data / Analytics, Data Science, Security, or other cloud native, hybrid, or public-cloud technology.
- Expertise in developing deep, collaborative client relationships at all levels within organisations.
- Deep understanding and demonstrable application of Agile best practices.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in architecting /deploying /operating solutions built on AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, or Google Cloud.
- Deep Solution Architect or an IT / some public cloud consultant experience.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.