Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently recruiting for a senior structural Engineer with experience in oil and gas, hydrocarbon refinery, offshore, mining or infrastructure industries having engineering design project experience.
- Responsible for structural/infrastructure works including different building construction types, building design, equipment foundation design, pipe and cable tray support design.
- Originate new and revise existing engineering deliverables.
- Revise and check engineering deliverables against company procedures, standards, and checklists.
- Supervise engineering work being produced by juniors.
- Conduct and receive trainings related to job as required.
- Planning and completion of work within allocated man-hours effectively and plan work to avoid slippage.
- Interfaces, coordinates and communicate effectively with the Project Manager and other team members.
- Delegation and distribution work as well as manage billability of team.
- Coordinates with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensure that other disciplines input are incorporated.
- Go for site visits and verify site conditions and markup drawings/perform as-built activities.
- Manage deliverables submission with required quality checks and proper management of record.
- Technical report writing and preparation of presentations.
- Full knowledge of Aramco, Sabic, Royal commission, SBC and HCIS standards.
- Technical bid evaluation, Vendor document review and subcontract scope management.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the oil and gas industry working for an established contractor, operator, or consultancy.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in offshore structural engineering and design
- Previous experience in SACS and other offshore engineering applications
- Previous experience in the execution of FEED and EPC Projects
- Should be proficient in Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, MATHCAD, Foundation 3D, STAAD and STADDpro)
- Should also be familiar with editing, opening, and reading drawings in AutoCAD / Microstation
- Professional level of ability in the application of standards, processes, and procedures and how they are used in work execution.
- Professional level of knowledge of applicable codes and standard
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.