Job description / Role
• The Trainee Services and Trainee Experience Coach will work with the incumbent Trainee Services Manager(s) to develop an effective trainee services department that meets the needs of all learners and stakeholders. This will include setting up and/or improving academic interventions, pastoral tutoring, extra-curricular activities and admissions and registration. He will work closely with all members of the senior coaching team, in particular the Curriculum, Quality and Leadership coaches.
Specific Duties of this post:
• Work with the incumbent Trainee Services Managers and Vice Dean to develop an effective structure for the department.
• Lead in championing a range of trainee educational and extra-curricular initiatives which will improve trainee engagement, satisfaction and success
• Deliver, alongside the trainee services Dean and managers, a trainee services strategic plan
• Develop and assist in the delivery of a new Library and Learning Resources Strategy
• With the quality coach, will keep under review key indicators of the trainee experience and draw up action plans to improve it
• Develop trainee services and trainee experience procedures and guidelines
• Develop a contemporary trainee handbook
• Implement an alumni strategy and plan
• Undergraduate degree in any discipline
• MA in Education preferred, but a postgraduate qualification essential
Knowledge & Experience:
• Extensive Trainee services/trainee experience knowledge and background within an educational setting Knowledge & Experience
• At least 5 years' relevant experience in developed country (essential)
• Proven experience of managing change, engaging others with a focus on successful outcomes for trainees
• Must have experience of some of the following in a college setting:
• Staffing/Personnel Management
• Trainee Engagement
• Quality Management
• Career Advice and Guidance
• Processes Management
• Organization development
• Communication Processes
• Motivating others
• Promoting Process Improvement
• Reporting skills
• Possess a strong team work ethic, excellent communication skills and the confidence to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organization.
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Can apply knowledge about administrative services in a vocational/tertiary education environment to develop and implement administrative functions that support teaching and collaboration.
• Is recognized by peers as a manager/leader in the field of administration and operations and is knowledgeable about professional development models, powerful professional development designs, and multiple forms of coaching.
Additional Project Requirements:
• Must be able to read and write an acceptable level of English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
• Arabic speakers are highly sought after
• Ability to work under pressure on a variety of competing projects whilst delivering to agreed deadlines
• In return, you will receive a tax free salary of £44,000 + Benefits.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results