Training & Development Advisor
Job description / Role
Training & Development Advisor/Instructional Design and Technology
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an instructional designer with industry experience in the design and development of engaging, innovative, performance-based, instructor-led learning training. Although courses at Saudi Aramco's Upstream Professional Development Center (UPDC) are primarily instructor-led, the integration of learning technology and digital content is critical.
At the UPDC, design and development projects are usually team-based with instructional designers partnering with subject-matter experts (SMEs), technical writers, and graphic artists in the design and development of the learning experiences. In these projects, the instructional designer is expected to perform three major functions: project management, instructional design, and content development.
- Day-to-day management of multiple instructional design and development projects including timelines, schedules, work scope, and deliverables of assigned projects
- Apply instructional design principles in the design of effective and engaging training courses for instructor-led training (ILT), virtual instructor-led training (VILT), and eLearning in English
- Develop Kirkpatrick Level 2 and Level 3 assessment tools
- Develop written training materials and content for ILT, VILT, and eLearning
- Develop training materials in English
- Analyze existing course designs and instructional materials and make improvements as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design or related field required, MS is recommended
- 10+ years of experience designing performance-based, technical training for professionals
- Managing L&D projects
- Ability to work closely with subject-matter experts (SMEs), partnering with them through the design process, to elicit knowledge, to manage their deliverables and process, to negotiate and influence without authority
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, organize, and present complex information
- Experience developing learning assessments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.