Job description / Role
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. Tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services and People Advisory Services.
Are you committed, thorough and outgoing - and do you have a good understanding of business and experience of international tax? If so, please read on.
Are you committed, thorough and outgoing - and do you have a good understanding of business and experience of transfer pricing? If so, please read on.
With us, you have the opportunity to become part of a professional tax department with employees based across number of GCC countries. We need you as an experienced transfer pricing specialist for our transfer pricing group. We have a very professional environment, exciting work tasks and a passion for creating the right solutions for our clients. In addition, we can offer a flexible working environment where you are able to personally organise and have an influence on your working day to a great extent.
Your key responsibilities
You will normally operate on an everyday basis at our office, where you be become part of the tax department with approx. 50 specialists in corporation tax, transfer pricing, personal tax and law as well as VAT, customs and charges.
In the long term, your duties will include the following:
- Responsibility for clients and large projects
- Leading and development of recommendations and implementations plans
- Development and delivery of transfer pricing and economic ideas
- Preparation of documentation and participation in advance transfer pricing agreements
- Transfer pricing audits
- Day to day replies to ongoing enquiries and advice on transfer pricing and international tax
- Coaching and counselling junior team members
Skills and attributes for success
- Along with your commitment, your professional interest in the tax area and your desire to undertake tasks for our clients will be of the utmost important.
- Despite having already obtained much experience, you are focused on continuing to develop in tandem with the development of transfer pricing and our clients.
- You must be willing to take responsibility for clients and tasks - and to take the initiative in everyday work.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role - either from another audit house or an in-house transfer pricing section
- An understanding of complex transfer pricing concepts and broad exposure to transfer pricing issues
- Strong organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Professional and educational qualifications are Master of Science (MSc) in Business Administration and Commercial Law, Master of Science (MSc) in Business Administration and Auditing or Master of Laws
Ideally, you'll also have
- Proficiency in Arabic
- Professional services experience
What we look for
As a person, you can safely say that you:
- are quality-conscious and service-minded
- enjoy working independently and productively but, at the same time, find it easy being part of a team
- are good at delegating tasks
- have professional ambitions on both your own and the company's behalf
- inspire confidence and are outgoing - and take responsibility for tasks.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region