Job description / Role
We are looking for a Translator to provide translation support to the project team.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Process and follow up all types of transactions and correspondences with Governmental and private sectors.
• Typing Arabic & English reports and correspondence.
• Translating documents and letters received from clients.
• Amend and review legal documents for spelling and mistakes and handle the formatting.
• General Arabic and English secretarial and administration works.
• Written and verbal translation of various documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
• Compose confidential letters, reports, presentations and other documents that may include but is not limited to word processing, typing of letters, memos, forms, policies and procedures.
• Compile data and prepare documents and correspondence.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience:
• Certification/Diploma or equivalent qualification in Translation.
• Previous translation experience within a work environment, preferably in a journalistic context.
• Able to translate both Arabic to English and English to Arabic.
• Awareness of the main dialects of the region.
• Excellent oral and written skills in both languages.
• Native Arabic speaker.
• Good web skills (social bookmarking; Twitter; search; Google translator toolkit).
• Ability to deliver to a deadline.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Impeccable language skills
• Able to work fast under pressure
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.