UR Exploration System Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a UR Exploration System Specialist to work with our Unconventional Resources Information Technology (URIT).
URIT is a team operating from Dhahran, Saudi Arabia supporting UR business functions with their IT and Data Management requirements and solutions.
Your primary role will be to ensure the timely capture of UR Exploration data assets according to pre-defined standards in official data stores with the upmost quality. You will also ensure data is easily accessible to authorized staff. In addition, you will practice project management skills to manage projects assigned to you.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
• Contribute to UR data business processes and recommend improvements through identifying gaps within existing processes.
• Champion deployments of required UR-DM solutions
• Proactively identify data bottlenecks with existing UR data management environment and formulates solutions, alternatives and recommendations to resolve them.
• Lead and manage projects that support the digital transformation (Analytics, etc.).
• Champion the deployment/documentation of UR data standards.
• Provide central direction and control over complex theoretical and practical UR data management projects and work with cross-functional teams for implementations, review/monitor project progress and generate needed reports.
• Ensure sustainable implementation and enforcement of UR data and projects management policies, standards and procedures.
• Serve as UR data senior representative to facilitate internal/external technical meetings and communication between the development team and all stakeholders.
• Mentor young professionals; develop training materials and conduct comprehensive training.
• Periodically review data management standards and protection policies for enhancing data integrity and security.
Education & Experience Requirements
• You should have a bachelor's degree in geoscience, petroleum engineering, computer science, management information system or any close related major. An advanced degree is preferred.
• You are expected to have a minimum of 15 years of experience in oil and gas business including a minimum of 10 years working experience with upstream data management and a minimum of 5 years working experience in IT project management.
• A full understanding of upstream data types with good understanding of the data management functions concept is required.
• A certification in Project Management (PMI, or similar) is preferred.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.