Job description / Role
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance & Infrastructure, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Corporate Finance Strategy, Transaction Tax, and Valuation, Business Modeling and Economic Advisory.
Join Valuation and Business Modeling and you join a team of experienced professionals who bring to clients excellence in accounting, taxation and financial due diligence. You will help guide clients through the model review, model support and model-build activities necessary to make key decisions and improve strategic outcomes. With over 1,600 valuation professionals worldwide, no similarly positioned global professional organization can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources
• Assist engagement managers in executing business valuations using different valuation methodologies. The applicant should have sufficient knowledge in the international prevailing valuation methodologies and practices.
• Supervise analysts while conducting business valuations, financial feasibility studies and business plans including financial modelling.
• Perform business and financial analysis, conducting market research and report writing.
• Responsible for business modelling and analysis of financial performance. This includes the development of assumptions in the preparation of prospective financial statements.
• Develop, review and analyse detailed financial models for transactions under analysis.
• Assist in performing reviews of third party valuation/PPA reports for audit support purposes and provide technical support to audit on fair value financial reporting matters.
• Assist managers in preparing proposals, engagement agreements, engagement contracts and status reports.
• Supervise and review work of junior staff members in the team to ensure quality of deliverables.
• Ability to prepare multiple draft reports simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Work self-directed in many instances, show proficiency and consistent application of templates, tools, models and best practices to support the delivery of our services.
• Coordinate the execution of engagement administration activities, including managing/monitoring engagement economics, document retention, knowledge sharing and client communication
• Exhibit a competent level of knowledge, including: (i) accounting; (ii) finance; (iii) economics; (iv) valuation; (v) professional standards (valuation and non-valuation);
• (vi) and professional guidance (such as accounting pronouncements)
• Assist with engagement acquisition activities, including conflict checks, engagement letter preparation, and independence activities
• Develop technical expertise in the specialised competency and be confident in articulating it’s TAS value offering to the market
• Build and expand networks whilst developing personal brand and shaping high performing teams to deliver exceptional client experience.
To qualify, candidates must have:
• Sector specific experience
• Technical skills required (Strong knowledge and background in valuation analysis, financial statements analysis, feasibility analysis, preparation of pro-forma financial statements, Purchase Price allocation Analysis, etc.)
• Qualifications (CFA/ MBA/ Masters etc)
• 3-5 Years’ experience
• Language requirements
• Industry experience
• Client facing/ relationship building experience
• Team management
• Geographic area experience
• Travel expectations
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.