Job description / Role
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been the aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the site already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. And this is just the beginning. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for our customers and for you!
Your professional challenge:
• You are an expert vendor relationship manager, a product specialist, a product selection developer, and advertiser all in one.
• As an innovator within the company, you will influence the design of your category, as well as develop new product groups and improve customer selection.
• You identify all products that you consider sellable, taking into account customer requests and tastes, along with finding interesting vendors.
• The performance of your product category determines your success. You have more responsibilities – both customer experience and operational – and you have the opportunity to manage an extensive number of vendors and products.
• You are responsible for recognizing new trends, for analyzing both business competition and sales, for carrying out stock management in cooperation with Supply Chain and for finding the best vendors.
• You also facilitate discussions of general conditions, procuring top products and making sure that they are advertised prominently on Amazon in cooperation with Marketing.
• Every new technical innovation, tool and process and the input and drive you have to improve them, will make your work even more exciting. It will mean making the lives of buyers and vendors throughout the world both easier and better.
• You should have a University degree ideally in a technical or analytical discipline
• Professional B2C experience in e-commerce, sales and business development, key account management or consulting for 2 to 5 years.
• Strong communication skills and exceptional assertive abilities on all levels, while maintaining your ability to be vocally self critical
• Excellent marketing skills, a feel for customer needs, as well as a high degree of innovative prowess
• A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results driven mentality
• Special affinity and demonstrated skill with numbers, analyses and reports
• Excellent knowledge in Excel, and database work, with experience in SQL a plus
• A great deal of personal initiative, creativity, decisiveness and team spirit
• Excellent English skills
• Professional B2C experience in e-commerce, sales and business development, key account management or consulting for 2-5 years
• Have 2 to 5 years of experience in negotiations
• Excellent English writing skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.