Job description / Role
Title: Field Technical Operations Architect
Location: Riyadh, KSA
• Provide technical leadership with respect to operations transformation to VMware professional services consulting project teams, which will include project work at customer sites
• Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our management products to remediate operational challenges, with assistance from our internal engineering group as required. For example, the creation of VMware vRealize? Operations? super metrics & dashboards, and VMware vRealize? Automation? automated provisioning workflows & integrations with external components
• Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware management product line
• Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” operations assets such as RACI matrices, process descriptions, Standard Operating Procedures, Key Performance Indicators, and operational readiness tests.
• Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware management solutions to aid customers to efficiently operate their environments, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners
• Deliver workshops at customer sites showing operational evolution and VMware’s thought leadership position in relation to applying VMware management products to operating SDDC/Cloud/Hybrid Cloud environments.
• Deliver the technical aspects of operational and governance related methodologies and framework to support cutting edge SDDC/Cloud/Hybrid Cloud capabilities.
• Assist in the pre-sales and sales process to help scope and respond to Requests for Proposal for a customer engagement.
• Maintain expert knowledge of VMware management solutions such as: VMware vRealize® Automation CloudTM, and VMware vRealize® Suite
• Build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers
• 12+ years of relevant IT technical experience
• 8+ years of experience in customer-facing positions delivering technical consulting, with some pre-sales experience - or
• 8+ years of experience architecting, operating and managing virtualized/cloud infrastructures (with VMware vSphere and vCloud Director/vRealize Automation environments a plus).
• Proven in depth knowledge of VMware management products, specifically, the vRealize Suite a plus
• Proven technical writing ability applied to delivering consulting engagements.
• Proven experience with system management and monitoring tools (BMC, HP, IBM/Tivoli, CA, Microsoft)
• Proven experience developing workflows with IT automation/orchestration tools.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Experience with IT financial management tools and service costing process desirable
• Experience with compliance management and governance tools desirable
• Experience with Network Functions Virtualization-based operations and eTOM framework
• Experience with modern IT operations methodologies such as ISO27001, ISO20000, and MOF desirable
• Proven experience in executive communication and presentation delivery
• Ability to travel 50% within region and occasionally internationally – depending on location
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or other relevant certifications are preferred
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• BSc/BA/MSc degree or equivalent operations/technical training
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.