Job description / Role
If you are eager to demonstrate your skills in facilities management and desire to work in a leading company and be part of an inclusive working environment, then this would be an exciting role for you.
As a Supervising Workplace Coordinator, you will be an integral part of the facilities and hospitality services team, and a pivotal force in managing facility, inventory and maintenance related activities. At the same time, you will work with a team of excellent professionals, from whom you can learn to be a person of higher professionalism.
Your key responsibilities
Assist the Facilities Manager to effectively manage facilities activities on a day-to-day basis, delivering consistent, seamless and efficient services around building maintenance and repairs, office equipment and appliance maintenance and/or replacement and space planning. Other key responsibilities include:
• Liaise with building management and external suppliers on alterations, reconfiguration and construction
• Coordinate work with related parties on furniture and workstation set up, network point installations, vending services, equipment, etc.
• Assist in managing the administrative activities involving maintenance and repairs of office equipment and appliances and desk moves within the office
• Maintain and update inventory records of office equipment, appliances, furniture, stationery, etc.
• Monitor order processes and patterns, identifying issues and concerns supporting cost efficiencies
• Assist in preparing purchase orders and maintain purchasing records and pricing information Oversee resource deployment as necessary and based on workload requirements
• Keep the office seating plans and utilization reports updated
Skills and attributes for success
• Proactively seek ways of improving the office environment, recycling & other environmentally friendly processes
• Negotiate and recommend execution of contracts for purchase of supplies, provisions, services and equipment
• Demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge in the field of purchasing
• Ensure consistent quality of output/services is provided and requests are processed promptly
• Contribute to the initiatives of strengthening and streamlining the facilities management
To qualify for the role you must have
• 2 + years’ experience working in a fast paced environment in facility management or procurement
• In depth knowledge of systems, tools and procedures for office maintenance, office & facility management
• Verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to manage a diverse workload
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field
What we look for
We are most interested in people with confidence and strong experience in multitasking. You will need a proactive approach to work and the curiosity to seek out new challenges without being pushed. If you are ready to make a real contribution to our goal of building a better working world, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region