Job description / Role
• Analyzes performance and objectives to identify improvement projects to include people, process, and technology.
• Coordinates project activities with other state agencies, governmental jurisdictions, or private sector partners and contractors.
• Creates documentation procedures to capture and deal with changes in original project plan.
• Directs, develops, and evaluates documentation, review, and improvement of business processes.
• Directs, develops, and evaluates projects using accepted project management methodologies.
• Directs, develops, and evaluates scorecards, dashboards, metrics, and goals.
• Directs, develops, implements, and evaluates plans to communicate and explain project status, direction, outcomes, and deliverables to stakeholders, interested groups, and team members.
• Directs, develops, implements, and evaluates project budgets, schedules, work plans, resources requirements, and cost estimates and projections.
• Evaluates and assesses business process improvement initiatives performed by others.
• Identifies potential project risks and difficulties and designs strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
• May serve as a lead worker.
• May train others.
• Serves a coaching and leadership role for junior project managers.
• Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Administration or related field.
• Communicate effectively
• Analyze complex information and develop plans to address identified issues
• Plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others
• Identify project risks and gaps
• Evaluate process performance
• Establish project goals and objectives
• Manage project activities
• Prepare reports
• Exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions
• Applicable project development (planning, environmental, right of way, design, letting, construction, and project close out) document preparation, review, processing and compliance requirements
• Project management theories and practices applicable to highly complex projects
• Communication planning, training planning, and related change management disciplines
• Process improvement methodologies
• Addressing changes in scope and budget
• Leading, assigning, reviewing and monitoring the work of others
• Planning a program of improvement projects to accomplish a set of performance goals Licenses and Certifications
The following Licenses and/or Certifications are required for this job:
• Valid Driver's License Other Conditions:
• May require certification as a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or in one or more change management disciplines. Conditions of Employment
• Required to work weekends and holidays.
• Required to work hours other than 8 to 5.
• Required to work under exposure to inclement weather conditions.
• Required to wear personal protective equipment provided by employer and comply with all safety requirements.
• Successful completion of a criminal background check to include verification of identification and residency, and a national fingerprint-based records check at the employer's expense is required.
• Driver's record check will be conducted by the Department. Satisfactory driving records are required for driving state or personal vehicles and motor driven equipment to conduct agency business.
• Must attend work regularly and observe approved work hours.
• External final applicants for any department position who could potentially be required to drive for the department must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to reasonable cause testing during employment.
• External final male applicants who are 18-25 years of age will be required to furnish proof of registration or exemption from registration with the Selective Service System.
• Successful completion of a post-offer/pre-employment physical exam at the employer's expense is required.
• 6 years in project management, process engineering or business process improvement methodologies
• Experience can be satisfied by full time or prorated part time equivalent
• No supervisory experience required.
• Related graduate level education may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.